operanewflover
debatur

Should children be exposed to harsh realities?

operanewflover

Con

A friend of mine has children about 8- 11 years old and she does not allow them to do most of the common day things children their age do. They are not allowed to watch movies that are rated pg, to listen to pop music, she completely constricts them. She believes that it is for their own good do you agree?????? Or do you disagree?? I am inclined to agree, however I want anothers opinion.
debatur

Pro

so I think children should be exposed to harsh realities because they need to know how it is so their not shocked when these realities actually happen like how I do with my kids I let them watch stuff with sex and language and violence because they are gonna see this stuff sooner or later
operanewflover

Con

I agree, somewhat I was always led to see the world as it is, but dosent it corrupt the children if they see too much too early it leaves influences that remain prevalent till way into their adult years.
debatur

Pro

debatur forfeited this round.