ProfJacob
Tygaa_Woods

Should children be payed for attending school?

ProfJacob

Con

Rules

If either one of us fails to comply with the following rules, 7 points are automatically deducted from the rule-breaker.

1. BoP is shared.

2. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

3. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

Presentation

Children aren't obliged to attend school. That's on them. What do they prefer; Be educated: May be be homeschooled? Or not be educated at all? There isn't any other decision.

If you are employed, you are working FOR SOMEONE, while if you attend school, although you aren't obliged to do both, education is for YOU! Your knowledge can be useful to real-life situations.
Tygaa_Woods

Pro

I believe if children are payed to pay attention in school they won't learn as much as they are capable of. They would just show up to school and pretend to be in the moment. Most children not care about what their instructor is teaching, but only the money they are receiving at the end of the month or whenever. This would only lead to more problems in the future especially if they are going to college. These children that are getting paid would only do enough to get by in society if they even make it to college. I'm not talking down on anyone that just gets by in life, but that is what would happen to most of the children if they get paid to go to school at a young age. Some may learn to learn more on their own, but their are plenty of people in society that didn't stop learning after they left the classroom. It personally take initiative to become a successful person and that what type of society we are living in now, so why change it? Its actually up to the person.
ProfJacob

Con

Rebuttals

"I believe if children are payed to pay attention in school they won't learn as much as they are capable of."

If we pay children for attending school/paying attention: We can determine whether someone does so by testing them. So, if, say, they receive a very high grade, they will be payed. So, if they are payed from that, they will try desperately to memorize what their teacher is trying to teach them (If they love money so much).

However, from that, it won't be sincere; When a test about it is over, they may forget, seeing as their intent for memorizing was being payed, seeing as they can determine whether or not you pay attention by receiving a grade. It won't make much of a difference at all.

I won't make direct quotes for the rest; My opponent is actually defending MY position.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.

Tygaa_Woods

Pro

My fault wash't paying attention
ProfJacob

Con

Alright. My opponent thought that I believed that children should be payed for attending school. But little did he/she know, I actually didn't, as he didn't either. I will reinstigate this debate. I accept my opponent's apology for the inconvenience.
Tygaa_Woods

Pro

Tygaa_Woods forfeited this round.
ProfJacob

Con

Filler text as opponent conceded;
Tygaa_Woods

Pro

Tygaa_Woods forfeited this round.
Posted by ArslanSaeed 2 years ago
ArslanSaeed
In recent years, it has been a controversial topic amongst peoples that whether children should be salaried for getting educated in school or not? Some people, including me, partly agrees with this opinion. In fact, it depends on the financial conditions of a child. For instance, children belonging to poorer families should be paid in order to get educated.