Should children under 13 be aloud to watch PG-13 rated movies

I believe children under 13 should not be aloud to watch PG-13 rated movies. Those movies have been rated this way for a reason. There is no reason this should be violated. If it is, it's technically braking the law anyway.

I will argue that children should have the option of being aloud to watch PG-13 movies, even if they are under 13 becuase it is their own accountability. If the guardian of that child concedes, then there is really truly no harm.

Also my opponent makes the following statement "There is no reason this should be violated. If it is, it's technically braking the law anyway". It is technically not breaking the law, but is just giving advice on what may be ahead. Stated by the article " Is it illegal for a 10-year-old to see PG-13 movies", it states: "A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them". There is really nothing illegal about it.

LoveToReadALot forfeited this round.

I appreciate you accepting my argument. It's my first one. I see where you are coming from and it makes sense but the movie was rated this way for a reason. When you talked about the parent allowing their child to watch the movie, some parents really don't care what their children do. Therefore, they could possibly subject their children to things that they shouldn't be seeing at that age.

Also, some might say that it's vital for children should see things like this due to it preparing teens. This would be fine but this would also mean that they have met the age limit.

My opponent argues that children sholun't see stuff at a certain age. Once more, this goes towards the accountability of the parents who decide what happens. No one can control what one does, and if one does try to control everyone; this breaks a human right of having free will. So what is a child watches a PG-13 movie, my opponent has failed to provide evidence on the consequences.

As well as the fact that my opponent also says the following: "I see where you are coming from and it makes sense". If my opponent agrees with me on this following argument, then thats a drop from my opponent.

For this reason, I urge voters to vote Pro!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 10 months ago
*sigh* When will the glitch get fixed?
Posted by snkcake666 11 months ago
I am subscribing to this debate. Good luck to both sides. I shall have a prior bias towards the contender and the contender's argument.