Lemon_Lam
Albert_Fung

Should children under twelve own a smartphone

Lemon_Lam

Lemon_Lam

Con

Kids should have smartphones!
The reason I'm saying that kids should have smartphones is that it fun to learn with technology. They could also communicate with their classmates. And e-mail homework or class work to their teacher. They could also use it for social media to make new friends. So I think that kids should have smartphones.
Albert_Fung

Pro

learn with technology can use computer!

Email can also use computer.

Scientist said that using smartphone increase the probability of suffering brain cancer.

So I disagree the topic.
Lemon_Lam

Con

If They're Lost
We can teach our child to use probably so it can avoid this problem. And if our child get lost or forgotten somewhere,here are certain app (like hangouts) that let them share where they are to their parents at that exact time. Also if a kid gets lost they can walk home themselves with a navigation app. So would you like to keep your chld safe or not? You decide.
Albert_Fung

Pro

Parent can give children a simple flip phone to contact with them and know where they are, not only smartphone can do this.

The harmful imformation in smartphone will affect kids' mental development.

Smartphone also cause health problems.

The harm are too serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, I disagree the topic.

If you still agree the topic after reading my speech, please list out some advantages of smartphone which are irreplacealbe!
Lemon_Lam

Con

You're wrong because flip phone don't have the GPS navigation function and only smartphone can do it.

Although you said smartphone cause health problem,but I have many classmates and friends and I also use smartphone and we are all fine now.

First, instead of having an iPod for music, a tablet for games, and what I call a "dinky little flip phone" for talk and text, kids should have one device that does all three. Instead of having to press buttons multiple times to text, smartphones allow voice dictating and hands-free texting.

Second, it's the world when they grow up. When kids grow up, smart devices will be the way most of the way the world works. So why keep them away from smart devices if the future will just be smart phones and tablets everywhere. (Especially in the 2020's and 2030's.) They'll probably buy one when they have a job anyways.
Albert_Fung

Pro

Before I started my final speech, I found a horrible mistake, our speech are not matching the position, so I need to correct it, Lemon_Lam is pro, and I am con, please the judge correct it in their mind.

Firstly, flip phone don't have GPS, but I think kids is impossible that they don't know where they are, they can ask people if it really happens, not all the thing need to use GPS.

Lemon_Lam said, "Why keep them away from smart devices if the future will just be smart phones and tablets everywhere?"
It is because the smart phone will cause health problems, and kids' bodies are not fully developed, the health damage will be even bigger, so they should own a smart phone when they become adults, not kids, even if the future there are lots of smart devices.

Lemon_Lam said," Instead of having an iPod for music, a tablet for games, and what I call a "dinky little flip phone" for talk and text, kids should have one device that does all three. Instead of having to press buttons multiple times to text, smart hones allow voice dictating and hands-free texting."
Using one word to conclude this speech of con, is "convenient". I have to do a compare: "convenient vs health damage"
You think convenient is more important or health damage is more important.

Lemon_Lam said, "Although you said smartphone cause health problem,but I have many classmates and friends and I also use smartphone and we are all fine now."
You are all fine NOW, but you can't make sure that you are fine in the future, right?

To conclude, I disagree of this topic because of smart phones cause health damage, and also affect kids' mental development, and lots of the advantage of smart phone can be replace by other machine. Therefore, I disagree the topic.
Vote Placed by 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA 1 year ago
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Lemon_LamAlbert_FungTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debated the wrong side but Por's grammar was atrocious. They need to learn to use exclamation marks on their own without multiplying them and 3/5 of their sentences were incoherently worded.