GoodySam
MasterDebater5

Should children with autism be taught in mainstream schools?

GoodySam has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

GoodySam

Pro

I believe it depends on what end of the autistic spectrum the child falls into. However I would like to here others opinions on the topic.
MasterDebater5

Con

I honestly think they should have a separate school. I agree it does depend on how far they are on the spectrum but in my opinion they should be taught separate from those without. It implicates problems in average schools with the allowing of their presence. I'm not saying that the segregation of those with autism is required from those without. I think the intermingling of such is encouraged. They are human being and should be treated as such. But with them in schools problems can be apparent. With a separate school they my have their own criteria and perhaps some lessons upon how the disability may affect them in their adult life. So in my opinion they should be separated from those without.