agha.haider21
BenJWasson

Should cigarettes be considered an illegal substance?

agha.haider21

Pro

Cigarettes need to be considered an illegal substance because they cause more harm than good. Cigarettes are bad for your lungs and can completely ruin your lungs if you smoke to much. The substance Nicotine should at least be banned because that is the substance that makes people addicted to smoking. Banning cigarettes would save millions of lives.
BenJWasson

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent has made it a 500 word limit, meaning I cannot post and talk about my full arguments. I forfeit.
agha.haider21

Pro

agha.haider21 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Con

BenJWasson forfeited this round.
agha.haider21

Pro

agha.haider21 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Con

BenJWasson forfeited this round.
Posted by Zarium 10 months ago
Zarium
Causing harm to oneself, is a universal right of Man - If *YOU* chose to do a 'harmful' substance, then the repercussions are upon yourself.

Second hand smoking is another factor - which is why it is banned in specific places, such as diners, cars, and other public areas - However to restrict the freedom to ingest any substance you choose, is to restrict the choice one can make - which will result in a crisis of freedom, and predictably riots.

I am unsure what your stances are on guns - but by your logic, Guns should also be banned, simply because every time the trigger is pulled, someone is either hurt or killed.