Should colors represent genders?

This debate will be "should colors represent gender" what I mean about this is like how the color pink represents girls in today's modern work , and blue represents boys. I think that the idea of color representation Is changing based on are new wAy of thinking.

I will be using the standard three round system.
ROUND 1: acceptance
ROUND 2: point/Arguments
ROUND 3: wrap up

Good luck to my competitor and my the odds best ever in your favor.

I agree to the conditions. This sounds like a fun debate.

Thank you to my oppenent to agreeing to this debate. I will state my argument below.

I don't think that colours should represent genders because.....

1) Blue has now breached out and is not stange if girls wear this colour. But the opposit is not the same.
2) Pink didnt origanlly represent girls.
The Queen though she was having a boy, so she painted the nursery pink. that was there colour that represented boys at the time. so instead of repainting when she had a boy she just declared the switch in colours. If the whole world can make up their mind based on what one queen said to cover a mistake, we would all be screwed.
3) Why does it even matter?
In the world we know today why does it matter? It definatly isn't our biggest problem. We should be worrying about world peace or other topics.

In conclusion,
Were all represented in my argument.

Good luck to my competitor.

This is simply a matter of practicality. The basic knowledge is that a boy is blue and a girl is pink. This is the way it has been for many years. It is easier when somebody steps into a bathroom and it is the wrong color they immediately know to step out instead of a shriek or running into another person.
Now to attack my opponents points.
1) This is not relevant to the debate as the topic says should they and not do they. They should represent genders as it would increase practicality over a large amount of things.
2) Words change meaning over time. Just because this used to mean something does not mean it always means something. However, The color scheme has not really changed much.
3) We are debating this specific topic. Why did you create it if you do not think it matters?

Thanks to my opponent to responding to the argument. To defend my opinion i will have to respond to his attack against my points.
1) I personally think that "do they" is part of "should they" and I think that the bathroom thing is not a good point. People tell what room they are in by the little person on the door. Also not all ladies rooms are painted pink and vice versa.
2) The point I was making was that how about how the meaning changed.... It was that the whole world was influenced by one mistake and how easily we are convinced of things.
3) I created it because I don't think that it is the most important thing in the world. I think anyone can paint their rooms pink or wear blue with out being judged.

In conclusion I am against colours representing the way we see genders. If you agree with me please vote for me and if not please read the whole debate then judge. I hope i will convince you all of my argument. I had fun and it was my first one leave a comment with constructive advice for me, if you have time.
Thanks again to my opponent.Signing off,

I will just go over the voters over this debate.
1) "Do they" is not a part of "should they". Just because people do things does not always make them right. My point about the bathrooms was just to say it makes things simple. Simplicity is always better than having complication.
2) That is not really relevant at all to the current meaning of the topic and as such should be discarded.
3)You say that it is not the most important thing in the world. This is why it should be very simple.
You never attacked my point about how it is more practical to have separate colors and I win this debate simply off of this. I urge a negative ballot.
Posted by baseballkid 3 years ago
This was my second. I am winning in both of them :D.
Posted by stelly5504 3 years ago
I am sorry for my poor debating skills it was my first one. And I am really bad at spelling and grammar.
Posted by stelly5504 3 years ago
@baseballkid thanks to u to
Posted by baseballkid 3 years ago
I would like to than my opponent for this debate.
Posted by stelly5504 3 years ago
@thetallest1 i agree also with your opinion. i hope you will vote at the end of this debate.
Posted by thetallest1 3 years ago
no colors should not represent genders because i love blue and im a chick.
Vote Placed by Muted 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Bad spelling from Con. Pro's arguments were slightly better.
Vote Placed by Altilongitude 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Dunno