Should communism be given another chance?...

Educated_Person has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Communism is seen as an evil, selfish way of controlling a nation. Most democratic or republican nations think this because of what the leaders of communist nations have done. Stalin did what he did because that was his temperament, not because his nation was communist. The faults of communist nations are because of the temperament of the people at that time and because of corrupt leaders.

This is an open vote. I have an enthusiasm for debating and chose this topic partially because I agree with it and partially because I think my opponent, whoever it may be, can come up with some really convincing argument.

To whom it may concern,
Good luck.

I accept the challenge.
Communism isn't seen as evil, communism IS evil. All thinking people (not just democrats and republicans) think this not just based on the 100 million that have died and suffered under communist regimes, but based on the nature of the ideology itself. Stalin and Mao were evil dictators yes, but the biggest killers in their countries wasn't because they had a bad temperament, but because collectivist policies and economic planning (the basis of communism) led to the starvation and death of millions.
Posted by MysteriumRevelatum 1 month ago
Good luck.