daniellionyang
Feelinsofly

Should community service be required to graduate from high school?

daniellionyang

Pro

It is obvious that community service is beneficial to one's city. Therefore, if even as little as 40 hours are required, the cities of this world would be changed for the better. Firstly, Community service to graduate would promote volunteering later in life. Next, it would promote students learning about how businesses and cities run. FInally, it would promote friendliness inside a city or town.
Feelinsofly

Con

I will be taking the "CON" position in this debate, and, since my opponent did not lay out a clear argument in their opening statements, I will use this round for Cross-X.

Since you mention 40 hours, do you propose that each high school-age child be forced to do community service for at least 40 hours before graduating?

Do your propose this for every city in the world, since you mentioned "the cities of the world would be changed for the better?"

If the answers to both of the above questions are "yes," do you think those who are physically, mentally, or otherwise disabled should be forced to as well? What about home-schooled children?

If this is for every city on earth, how do you propose to enforce it?

Would funding the enforcement and coercion of this benefit the community, or could those funds be used for charity and achieve double the result?

How does coerced service promote volunteering later in life?

Thank you for the debate, and I await your answers.
daniellionyang

Pro

daniellionyang forfeited this round.
Feelinsofly

Con

I await my opponent's return.
daniellionyang

Pro

daniellionyang forfeited this round.
Feelinsofly

Con

I was looking forward to a challenging debate, and I hope my opponent returns before the end of Round 4.