Gravity23
CeeKay

Should computers replace teachers?

Gravity23

Con

Being apathetic is not what we want our children and our students lives to become. Teachers before they can be considered as the authority in school are first of all humans. Human beings with blood running through their veins. What good would it be to replace a teacher with a computer devoid of all human emotions.
LET'S DEBATE
RULES : 1st and 2nd Rounds are for rebuttals
3rd and 4th Rounds are for reinforcements and final points.
CeeKay

Pro

I agree with what my opponent just said but we live in a world of favoritism. Now a days we have teachers with their own favorites in class. unlike computers, they have no feelings in them. therefore they have no favorites. As my opponent said teachers are humans ( obviously) with emotions. But most of the time they let their emotions take over them. it would be good to have computers that would help student and not only elderly students but the young as well to grow well in the modern world of how technology can help us grow to have a brighter future .
Gravity23

Con

I understand that we live in a world of favoritism. My opponent is forgetting the fact that this is not the major issue at hand.Should computers replace teachers just because SOME teachers have their favorites? Should computers which are not relatable replace our old and traditional system of learning just because of FAVORITISM? I say no!
My opponent again forgets the consequences which would be faced by getting rid of teachers and replacing them with computers. Many teachers are going to lose their jobs. That is their profession and that can't be replaced. Where is my opponent planning on keeping these armful of teachers? Definitely not at home! and unemployed!. Again, I understand that the world is developing and becoming technologically inclined but then again what about the less developed countries who have no computers but have qualified teachers? How are they going to get computers? Again places which have no electricity, is education now going to become a bitter pill for them?
I would wise for my opponent to answer my questions as I believe that there's more harm to be than in replacing teachers with computers
CeeKay

Pro

CeeKay forfeited this round.
Gravity23

Con

Gravity23 forfeited this round.
CeeKay

Pro

CeeKay forfeited this round.
Gravity23

Con

Gravity23 forfeited this round.
CeeKay

Pro

CeeKay forfeited this round.
Posted by evangambit 2 years ago
evangambit
A computer cannot replace "teachers" in the sense of taking teachers' places in the class room. If software is to become the primary method of students learning the traditional model of the classroom would be obsolete, so I'm not sure it is fair/accurate to phrase the question as "Should computers replace teachers" so much as "Should teaching be done by educational software". To define "teacher" as "someone who teaches" is to ignore the vast array of responsibilities they have that it is impossible for modern computers to properly take on. Though I'll admit, a computer trying to control a classroom of kindergarteners is an interesting hypothetical scenario/problem.