jethro_purazo
JasminForro

Should corporal punishment be banned?

jethro_purazo

Con

This debate is composed of 5 rounds, maximum characters of 10,000, 72 hours of argue time.
We will be talking about corporal punishment and I will be choosing my position as a AGAINST. As a CON I will be arguing that corporal punishment should not be stopped.
Here is my opening argument:

First of all, it's a big part of the responsibility of all parents that they should make their child/children formal, educated and not ignorant about the world, environment and society. And in order the do that, parents should discipline their child/children using executions and punishments that a child can only bear. But parents should also put their child's punishment in place, and not every moment that a child will do bad, parents will punish them immediately.
JasminForro

Pro

Children nowadays are so exposed in doing everything that they want. Mostly became violent and disrespectful in some instances like in school. I would take a stand and say No in making corporal punishments unavailable. We might say that it would be too much for a person to hit or beat someone just to punish and make them learn something, but I think, it's the best way to make people follow and be scared of the circumstances if they will do unacceptable things. The main reason why we are slow in civilization is too much freedom and also, too much pride. No one wants to be left behind, and everyone want to act like they are ultimate. Sometimes, we need to be under or lower. I don't mean that we should be the persons who have low moralities. The fact that we should live together and harmoniously, we must still let ourselves learn lessons that would really help or make us learn about getting better. We have seen different kinds of people in this nation. They are supreme and uncontrollable. Well yes, that is the cause of not allowing corporal punishments in some places. People became strong and untouchable. We must let others teach the youth the proper way of doing things, telling them that ultimate freedom will not lead them to a greater future, and being uncontrollable leads to violence and crime.
jethro_purazo

Con

In the second round, positions will be swapped. @jethro_purazo will be the PRO and @jasminforro will be the CON.
Here's my argument:

First off, we all know that disciplining one's child is a part of parenting. But please understand that there are also negative effects when it comes in punishing a child. First, a parent could violate his child's probation - this is a serious effect in children. We all experienced becoming a child, and we should understand their way of thinking because they don't know how to distinguish "good deeds" and "bad deeds" in which we also experienced. They could not think as wide as what we teenagers, (most of all) adults. If we base on psychological study/ies, children below 10 years of age (where punishment mostly exist) have literal and shallow thinking. Secondly, corporal punishment is a well-known direct physical harm which can affect both physical and mental health of a child and mostly affects the relationship of a child between him and his parents, respectively. Physical health because it can damage the muscles, skin cells, nerves, and the whole body in general. Mental, on the other hand because it will make the child a black sheep when he grows up. It is because of psychological reasons that affects the way a child understands things around him. And lastly, according to some proverbs that I read this past few days, "Mental is always more important that physical."

JasminForro

Pro

JasminForro forfeited this round.
jethro_purazo

Con

jethro_purazo forfeited this round.
JasminForro

Pro

JasminForro forfeited this round.
jethro_purazo

Con

jethro_purazo forfeited this round.
JasminForro

Pro

JasminForro forfeited this round.
jethro_purazo

Con

jethro_purazo forfeited this round.
JasminForro

Pro

JasminForro forfeited this round.
Posted by jethro_purazo 2 years ago
jethro_purazo
Everyone's info: For round 2, we will be swapping positions. For instance, my opponent will be the CON and I will be the PRO (swapping).