kilothedog
SJM

Should creationism be taught in schools?

kilothedog has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

kilothedog

Con

Creationism is a belief and not based on empirical evidence, therefore it should IT be taught in schools where logic and reasoning are promoted.

Debate format: round 1 state position
Round 2-3: debate on topic at hand
Round 4: closing statements

Thank you!
SJM

Pro

Four responses.

1) If it's true that creationism isn't logical, then schools should teach the students it isn't logical, if the school's purpose is to promote logic and reasoning. Which would be schools teaching creationism. Thus fulfilling my side of the debate.

2) If it is logical, then creationism should be taught. Which would be schools teaching creationism. Thus fulfilling my side of the debate.

3) The topic encompasses private schools, and it would be unconstitutional to not allow religious schools to teach creationism. Which would mean schools have to be allowed to teach creationism. Thus fulfilling my side of the debate.

4) Creationism could be taught in order to teach history (a core subject). I.e. These people believe in creationism. Which would be schools teaching creationism. Thus fulfilling my side of the debate.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Why not teach about Santa..And you will not have to buy any...
Posted by King-La-Ding 1 year ago
King-La-Ding
Yeah I would advise you should change the debate to 'public' schools if you want to debate on the scientific lack of validity when it comes to creationism, and since in the U.S it is a clear Constitutional violation.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Private schools or public schools?
Science classes or any classes (comparative religions)?