ADecentUsername
EXOPrimal

Should criminal justice be more about rehabilitation then punishment?

ADecentUsername has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ADecentUsername

Pro

Hello, and thank you for taking interest and clicking on my debate! Recently, I saw this idea on an article I was reading during my free time. It presented the idea of shifting the idea of criminal justice from punishment to rehabilitation. It left me thinking. After some research, I have reached the conclusion that it is an idea that has very much potential to work, but with many limitations.

Here is a very brief explanation on how this debate will work. For the first round, no points or formal arguments should be brought up. Just a one or two sentence claim. In all other rounds, feel free to put both an argument and a rebuttal. Please cite your sources. Now, if you choose to accept, let us debate our criminal justice system, and whether or not this idea should be given a shot.

Claim: This idea can work with proper limitation, and programs fitting the inmate's crime and conditions.
EXOPrimal

Con

I accept this debate and wish my opponent the best of luck. I will argue that the criminal justice system should be more about punishment.