leojm
Anon_Y_Mous

Should crushes be taken seriously?

Anon_Y_Mous

leojm

Pro

First acceptance than argument. Have fun and good luck. :DDDD
Anon_Y_Mous

Con

I accept this debate, and will be arguing that crushes should not be taken seriously.
leojm

Pro

First I want to thank my opponent for accepting my debate. Crushes should be taken seriously because some girls really fall hard for a guy and if that guy doesn't ask her out she will go commit suicide or something like that. This I know is not that reliable but it's an example how very dangerous it might get. www.relationshiptalk.net People will also do stupid things just to get their crushes attention, things that don't make sense. One example is when Ronald Reagan was shot the shooter wanted to be with the actress he was dating so he thought if he could kill Ronald Reagan she would be with him. Now tell me how sick is that? Crushes should be taken seriously. Some people say it will wear off and it will be OK, But wrong, it's not OK. Some people go too far on their crush for someone. They will be willing to kill the person their dating to be with them, like the example I mentioned above. This is another example. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../21798-help-want-to-kill-myself-because-of-my.html
Anon_Y_Mous

Con

Firstly, I'd like to clarify that a crush is simply initial infatuation. They fall squarely under the 'Eros' category of Greek love. (1) Most Eros is snuffed out of switched briefly.

'Crushes should be taken seriously because some girls really fall hard for a guy and if that guy doesn't ask her out she will go commit suicide or something like that.'

Ask yourself what type of people would do this. Personally, I feel that anyone willing to go to such extremes for the sake of simple infatuation is in need of serious help. If they don't possess enough self control or will power to tell themselves that there will be another person later, should they be passing on their ideas to future generations? The same thing goes for people doing excessive things to get attention.

'One example is when Ronald Reagan was shot the shooter wanted to be with the actress he was dating so he thought if he could kill Ronald Reagan she would be with him.'

This further proves my point. The assassin was suffering from erotomainia. (2) John Hinkley Jr. had a disorder, not a crush.

In conclusion, your argument boils down to 'Crushes should be taken seriously because people can die as a result', and I say that this is not true because anyone with a simple crush wouldn't go to such lengths. A person won't commit crimes for a crush, however people do commit crimes for a disorder.

1) http://closeenoughtoread.wordpress.com...

2) http://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by Sola.Gratia 3 years ago
Sola.Gratia
Um,, leojm idk if I'm with you here loll..
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
Walrus101, haha so funny, I forgot to laugh.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 3 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
leojmAnon_Y_MousTied
Reasons for voting decision: A clear con win. Pro's arguments were easily refuted.
Vote Placed by Walrus101 3 years ago
Walrus101
leojmAnon_Y_MousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry pro, Con "Crushed" you.