wolfH
mir9

Should death penaltys be brought back

wolfH

Con

What do you think?
mir9

Pro

Firstly, my main focus will be that the punishment must fit the crime. We always try to punish murder with a life sentence, but is it fair to repay a dead persons anger and the dead ones family with a life sentence in prison? Sure, we could say that death penalties are too drastic or inhumane but I doubt that anyone who reads this debate has ever had a loved one murdered. If you have, you would know the pain and sorrow of losing someone. I will keep my first round short, but it is already obvious that for some crimes, the best repayment is death.

More examples and details in round 2.
And I wish my opponent good luck.
wolfH

Con

Although your argument is very strong, if they were sentenced to death does that not count as murder, does that not mean that we are as good as them. Two bads don't make a right; although death is wrong, is that not quicker then a jail centence for a life time, that is longer and worse, people are abused by other inmates and surely this is a fate worse than death.

Good luck whith your debate.
mir9

Pro

You have stated that a life sentence is longer and a worse experience for the inmates..However, rather than making the inmates suffer that long period, why not use the death sentence? If the death sentence is brought back, then the criminals would get the punishment they deserve and will suffer less. Also, it would be a lesson to society. Although punishing crimes are important, it is also important to prevent them. With the death penalty in action, it will prevent society from doing wrong. You also said that the death penalty could be used to punish something else rather than murder. In that case, that would be a direct misusage of the penalty, but since that is up to our judicial system, I believe that it has no relation to our debate's topic. If the death penalty is misued, then that is for the judge who made the order to be blamed.
wolfH

Con

wolfH forfeited this round.
mir9

Pro

For my last argument, I was planning to do a second round of rebuttals, but as there is no reply to my last post, I will end this quickly. My conclusion is that the although the misuse of the death penalty may be demonstrated in some cases, the overall use of the death penalty was to give just punishment to the criminal. If the death penalty is brought back, then the punishment will give a warning to all other criminals and prevent crime in the area.
Posted by amey 3 years ago
amey
death penalty is already there