Ethenc
Lavaguava

Should developing nation invest money on space research ??

Lavaguava

Ethenc

Pro

There is a question in my mind that should developing nation invest money on space research or not? As far as I think about it is that the nation should invest money on space research it would be very beneficial for their young generation it could be helpful in providing the inspirational path for the youngsters of the country .If the nation succeeds then nothing could be better than this but if not then what??? Should they stop or not?
Lavaguava

Con

I am heavily in favour of Space research and scientific exploration, I do however believe that in this case that it would be wiser to invest in the necessities first. There is technology closer to home that could also be researched with the same effect on the young generation, hoping to be an engineer myself in the future I can provide insight. Mobile phone networks are becoming increasingly important in all countries, for example in developing countries they are an extremely useful tool to co-ordinate local trade. Engineers could still find employment developing and working with the newly created mobile phone networks. I would argue that the technology relevant to development is also able to inspire young engineers.

If people are suffering where government funding could prevent this, then surely the government funding should help those in need. Exploration and discovery is the ultimate goal of the human race, what other purpose do we have? Working towards this in a any way is important.
Ethenc

Pro

You are not clear with your things. my question is Should they invest??
Lavaguava

Con

I have answered whether they should invest, and explained my answer, if you care to read my argument.
Ethenc

Pro

so basically you are saying that they should invest money in space research right. ??
Lavaguava

Con

No, I believe that funding should be concentrated on necessary applications, namely infrastructure and aid for the poor, i.e. "necessities". Not space research, I provide reasons in my first argument. Space research should be conducted once the country is stable and has low poverty rates.
Posted by Ethenc 1 year ago
Ethenc
The amount of money being spent on space research is in the billions and it has achieved extraordinarily little except for a bit of improved technology which would probably have come about anyway by other means. Whether or not global warming is real, and whether or not we are facing imminent catastrophe on this planet, we are certainly facing serious issues here on Earth, and they are getting worse as we simply watch them. These include the disappearance of the rainforest, the pollution of the oceans, and increased desertification of an area about the size of England every year. These are the general crises that are coming to the planet, quite apart from the economic ones we"re so obsessed with at the moment.
I have for some time considered space research a gross waste of money, time and effort that could be much better applied to the management of our own planet. It would be more beneficial for the human being. The care about earth is more important than the space research as life is here.
Posted by Lavaguava 1 year ago
Lavaguava
"wiser to invest in the necessities first. There is technology closer to home"
Posted by Ethenc 1 year ago
Ethenc
ok.
Posted by Lavaguava 1 year ago
Lavaguava
Will debate tomorrow.
Vote Placed by Sourec 1 year ago
Sourec
EthencLavaguavaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I get the feeling that Pro didn't even read con's arguments. Pro made a few claims, but failed to back his/her arguments with logical, thought-out explanations. Worse, Pro failed to understand (if even read!) Con's response) that was, frankly, really easy to understand.
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 1 year ago
ColeTrain
EthencLavaguavaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was able able to show how there are other necessities that are more of a priority, and that developed nations should meet these needs prior to any space research. Pro was never able to put forth a real and logical argument, thus the win goes to Con.