Kababy101
GinoDiDomenico.01

Should different genders be separated in the classrooms ?

GinoDiDomenico.01

Con

"Race is a scientific myth, but a socially constructed reality."

I believe that, like race and religion, gender is something that should not be discriminated against.

First thing's first, to provide context of experience, I am a male in college.

Since it is widely believed that schooling, primary or secondary, is indirectly a form of preparation for the "real-world", it is foolish to segregate schooling. When today's students enter the workforce, they are expected to appropriately interact with one another. How is it that we can expect someone to go into the workforce or society in general and properly function when they do not have prior experience doing the same. If separation were to be implemented, people would be absent in their duties of succeeding and building a team-like relationship with coworkers.

While my introduction may appear to be based off of mere speculation, I can assure you that statistics are available to back it up. The first form of my argument will stem out of pure segregation and the problems that result because of such and it's presentation with socially accepted norms, and the social reality, through society's eyes; facts will follow. When men and women are educated separately, that opens the door for hate in the form of sexism.

Lastly, it will do more harm than good. We can not discriminate on our students because they are the nonconformists in society. We often pick on girls because they are "tomboys" and prefer to go fishing and hunting over playing with barbies and doing makeup. The Pro's argument would likely suggest that this would be discouraged if classrooms were segregated via all male and all female, however, the opposite true. Studies show that when a child experiences bullying due to not following the pre-established 'gender roles', it is nearly five times more likely to be committed by the same sex.

If a female has the ability to pick up a gun and fight next to me on the battlefield, she should absolutely have the ability to coexist and acquire an education with me, which as of now, female can now serve is combat arms. If we would like to comfortably exist in society together, it is absolutely necessary that we limit stereotypes and implement a form of unity. There was a brief filed in 2010 by the American Civil Liberties Union that recorded that the boys in a Louisiana school read "Where the Red Fern Grows" while the girls read "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" because "boys like hunting and dogs, while girls prefer love stories.

This argument is a very interesting one in the sense that it can be rooted to several other arguments involving gender and societal roles.

I live in the United States of America where we do not support the hate of the differences possessed by opposing genders, cultures, races or religions; we embrace them. While I do not hate your opinion, I am capable of seeing the opposition, but I do disagree.
Kababy101

Pro

Kababy101 forfeited this round.
GinoDiDomenico.01

Con

GinoDiDomenico.01 forfeited this round.
Kababy101

Pro

Kababy101 forfeited this round.
GinoDiDomenico.01

Con

GinoDiDomenico.01 forfeited this round.
Kababy101

Pro

Kababy101 forfeited this round.
GinoDiDomenico.01

Con

GinoDiDomenico.01 forfeited this round.
Kababy101

Pro

Kababy101 forfeited this round.
GinoDiDomenico.01

Con

GinoDiDomenico.01 forfeited this round.