chaseP246472
mmurph123

Should donald trump be prez

chaseP246472

Con

I think he shouldn"t and here"s the reasons why.
Donald trump will cause world war three.
The only good thing about him is he owns a company
(as if that compares to a country)
He frequency changes his standing point
Why is he running in the first place?
mmurph123

Pro

I accept and will begin with some analysis and framework, and then go onto the con case, then pro case.

==Framework==
My only burden in this debate is to prove that Donald Trump should be president. I do not have to prove that he will be a good president.

Should grants me fiat power to assume Donald Trump will become president in the pro world.

I will be analyzing. impacts as they relate to the real world.

==First Rebuttal==
His first claim is literal nonsense for four reasons. First, the president doesn't have power to declare war, only Congress does. Second, the theory of MAD is still employed in contemporary politics. Even if his statements are ludicrous, Trump still has some common sense and instinct of self preservation. But third, he provides no warrants of any kind as to why this will be true. But fourth, who will this WW3 be with? There needs to be another actor in a war, and the con provides no such actor.

In the interest of space, I will lump his second, third, and fourth arguments together. One key reason why you ignore these, because ultimately these are all irrelevant and that will be made clear why in the affirmative case.

His next comment is a question, asking why he is even running. The answer here is simply because he wants to be president. Whether or not he will be a good president is irrelevant to this fact.

==Affirmative Case==
The affirmative case is going to have 2 basic contentions.

==Contention 1: Oligarchs==
Donald Trump's presidency would challenge the oligarchy of the United States. The Guardian explains:

"The calculus of the Deep State has been upset by Donald Trump, a narcissistic pseudo-populist billionaire, who, ironically, is a symptom of all the pathologies within the Deep State. His followers may be misguided, and Trump is all too ready to offer them scapegoats, but they instinctively sense that there is something deeply wrong with the status quo."

http://www.theguardian.com...

Donald Trump's rise to power has brought light to the subversion of democracy within the United States. Whether or not he will be a good president is irrelevant when his presidency would bring back democracy.

==Contention 2: Stumping the Trump==
Donald Trump's presidency would ultimately be self defeating. The reason is, as the American Prospect finds, Donald Trump is the best chance for Democrats to retake control of congress. The Washington Post explains that Trump's unpopularity gives the democrats a shot to reclaim a majority in congress, something that didn't seem possible months ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://prospect.org...

For a better democracy, I urge you to vote pro in this debate. Thank you and I await the next round.
chaseP246472

Con

chaseP246472 forfeited this round.
mmurph123

Pro

mmurph123 forfeited this round.
chaseP246472

Con

chaseP246472 forfeited this round.
mmurph123

Pro

mmurph123 forfeited this round.