londontour2009
jennanicole.509994

Should drought states get money from the government?

londontour2009

Pro

I believe it is the federal government's duty to help and support drought states to minimize any further damage.
jennanicole.509994

Con

I know this is a debate, however, I saw this and really enjoy this topic you are focusing on. I have to agree with you in the sense of thousands of Americans getting hit with huge repair bills because of US Drought Damage. They say, what? It has been the worst in 2012 than in the 1950s? It is something we should highly pay more attention too. Good luck on your debate.
londontour2009

Pro

It is the worst drought in many decades... I don't think it is worse than the 1950s one though. But the current drought covers widest area since 1956[1].

1- http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
jennanicole.509994

Con

jennanicole.509994 forfeited this round.
londontour2009

Pro

I believe we need to provide the drought states with at least $10 billion dollars. Financial support will allow the farmers and residents of the drought zones to recover more smoothly, which will in turn boost the economy due to the fact that those people have money to work with.
jennanicole.509994

Con