Should every school have year round schooling or should there be an extra hour added?

I am writing an essay for my English class. I am against both, but I just want to see what other people think about it.

1. Many students have jobs and would have to cut back on their hours.

2. Many high school students have to watch younger siblings at home after school.

3. Students already lose interest in their classes by the end of class, so making it longer would end up with the teacher talking to themself.

4. People on sports teams would have to miss more school time if they had an away game.

5. It would lead to more discipline problems because students would get tired of being at school.

In my opinion, if they want to lengthen the day, they need to start in elementary school so the kids will be used to it when they get to high school.
I work in a high school.On the Sept. 27 edition of the Today Show, President Barack Obama said that the education crises is America would be solved if the school year could be longer. However, this would not solve the problem. The school year should not be longer because it costs schools more money and kids need a break, plus it is harder for students to learn at the end of the school year because they are eager for summer.

It costs schools more money to have an extended school year because they have to pay teachers, pay for lunch and other expenses. Schools don't have this extra money just lying around and it would save schools money if the school year was not extended.

Another reason the school year should not be extended is because kids need a break. Summer is a great way to reduce stress and have fun. It's also a good time to vacation. If the school year is longer, kids would have to vacation during school, resulting in missed assignments, making it harder to get good grades. Also, when summer is on the way, kids are eager and have a bad case of spring fever, so it is hard for them to learn anyway.

In conclusion, having a longer school year would not be beneficial.

Olivia Annis

Alo forfeited this round.

you should argue
Posted by famer 3 years ago
You should post this in the forums...