Adley104
Greg4586

Should fast food be baned

Adley104

Pro

I think we should ban fast food because if parents repeatedly buy their kids fast food, their kid will probably become fat and will have a chance of getting cancer. Why I say, we should ban fast food is become is because if a child dies and their parents becomes devastated, it's partially their fault because they fed their child too much fast food and he/her became sick and died. But if that parent was smarter and made her/his food at home instead of buying the food, his/her child wouldn't probably get cancer and would be still alive. So that why I think we should ban fast food places.
Greg4586

Con

Hello, I hope we have a good debate. Now let's get started. I will present my contentions this round and I will rebut my opponent's arguments in Round 2.

Contention 1: Liberty

Sure, fast food is very unhealthy. I agree with that. However, that is no reason to ban it all together. Who are you to decide for other people how they should live their lives? The answer is simple. You are not in a position to decide how to manage other's lives. No matter how bad what they do is, there is no reason for us to actively prevent it unless it is causing harm to society.

In this scenario, it is not harming society, but it is harming the individuals who choose to eat fast food. Therefore, despite what you believe is best for those individuals they should have the liberty of deciding for themselves.

Contention 2: Economy

In the United States the fast food industry is a whooping 200 billion dollar industry. That's absolutely huge. If we ban fast food, as you say we should that's a huge industry being blown to shreds. [1]

If we ban fast food, the US will add an additional 4 million people to the current pool of the unemployed. That's a huge hit to our economy and a necessary one.[1]

Contention 3: The impoverished.

While it is heavily unhealthy for them, many unemployed, low wage or impoverished rely on fast food to fill their stomachs and keep their bodies running. It's often the only food they have the money to buy. If you ban fast food we will see an increase in starvation rates among the lowest socio-economic class.

1. https://www.franchisehelp.com...
Adley104

Pro

Adley104 forfeited this round.
Greg4586

Con

I will await my opponent's response
Adley104

Pro

Adley104 forfeited this round.
Greg4586

Con

Greg4586 forfeited this round.