NoahMuns
vindog14

Should fishing be legal.

NoahMuns

NoahMuns

Pro

There are many people out there who say fishing and hunting is wrong. So I wish to challenge someone to a debate about this. My argument is that fishing is a more humain way of getting meat then, lets say, getting it a Safeway where they get there meat from factory farms. Also my families ranch is kind of far from legit grocery stores so we get a lot of are meat from hunting and fishing. So please get me a good challenge. And remember please respect each others opinions.
vindog14

Con

I reckon the fishing should be banned because imagine if you where having a nice day and someone came up to you said bite this so you bite it and noticed there was a hook on it. So you would be left there with a hook in your mouth and bleeding. Also say if you had a dad and he went out shopping/finding food and he did not come back at all. How sad would you be in that situation.
NoahMuns

Pro

You really didn't say why its wrong, I mean fishing is a good and humane way of obtaining meat and further more fish don't really have "dads" because once the female fish lays the eggs the male fertilizes them and then they both die from traveling to there birth spot. Further more I live in the Colorado Rockie Mountains on a ranch that's pretty far from any major grocery store so obtaining meat is kinda hard and expensive, so we found a great way through fishing and hunting. Also people who fish by at least a hundred dollars of fishing supplies a year, and most of that money goes to national parks so they can pay for jobs and to keep running as a steady system. So if fishing was ban a lot of the National parks would start to fail and then once there gone city slickers would start building hotels and building on that land making no more national parks.
vindog14

Con

Billions of fish die every year in nets and on hooks. Some are destined for human consumption, many are tortured just for "sport," and others are unintended victims who are maimed or killed simply because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.When fish are yanked from the water, they begin to suffocate. Their gills often collapse, and their swim bladders can rupture because of the sudden change in pressure. Numerous scientific reports from around the world confirm that fish feel pain. "fish do have the capacity for pain perception
NoahMuns

Pro

Yeah I know fish feel pain that's a fact. But what I'm talking about is line fishing its more humane then net fishing, which I agree is not environmental friendly at all. Also when it come to fishing for your own food it seems more fair to the fish then buying it at the grocery store where they scale them alive. I mean I bet you eat meat (if you don't please tell me) and when it comes to supplying it for your family many people are use to just driving down to the grocery store and picking it up in shiny packages, which is an unfair way of getting it, I m mean wheres the challenge of waiting in it and struggling to get your meal? Its something that many Americans have never experienced. Also you forgot to talk about how the money put into fishing and hunting supplies is how the National parks get most there money, I mean I love nature a lot and without hunters and fishers there wouldn't be enough money to keep giant National Parks like Yellowstone running and then without national parks there wouldn't be much untouched nature. I mean I totally here you when you say net fishing is a problem, but when I say fishing in this topic I mean more of line fishing, but with net fishing we can both agree its wrong and unfair.
vindog14

Con

Like other animals" flesh, the flesh of sea animals contains high amounts of fat and cholesterol. "Seafood" is one of the most common causes of food poisoning in the U.S., and almost 7 million Americans are believed to be allergic to it. Also i do eat meat.
NoahMuns

Pro

Sense this is the last argument I get I would like to point out by saying sea food is the lowest fat containing meat, my proof is this website http://seafoodhealthfacts.org.... Also you said you ate meat and I'm guessing you get your meat from grocery stores, grocery stores get most the meat from slaughter house, which abuse the animals and do horrible things like break cows legs so they cant move and loose wait. They also drill out cows horns at early ages with no numbing medicine. here is a video of the inside of a slaughter house https://www.youtube.com... sorry its a bit blury.
Other then that I have nothing else to say, its been a good time debating with you.
vindog14

Con

I live australia and they dont break there legs and they kill they cow quick and they only sometimes take off there horns.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
true dat.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
*are *"so" is only used after a comma *humane *than let's say *no comma separating than and let's say *their *family's *comma before "so" *our *"so" is only used after commas *"So please get me a good challenge" is a dependent clause and therefore cannot be used on its own *"and" cannot be used to begin a sentence *other's ..................................................................................... Spelling and Grammar counts when voting occurs so I recommend fixing everything I just pointed out.
Vote Placed by browley14 2 years ago
browley14
NoahMunsvindog14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Fishing is a better way of obtaining meat than buying it from the store.
Vote Placed by Hlinnerooth 2 years ago
Hlinnerooth
NoahMunsvindog14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one to give sources ,and had better grammar. Also Con got some of his facts back words, and did not reply to all of Pro's arguments.