fixedwounds
mysterywriter

Should foreign languages be taught to students starting 1st grade?

fixedwounds

Pro

I am for teaching students starting 1st grade foreign languages and making it a main subject too. It will improve their general information and allow them to be hired in a better job and will also help them communicate much better.
mysterywriter

Con

I think first grade is a little early for children to learn a foreign language because they are still trying to speak their own language.
fixedwounds

Pro

And I disagree, because a child knows how to speak in their language just as they turn three or maybe earlier. so giving them a few steps into a foreign language is amazing for their general knowledge and communication skills.
mysterywriter

Con

I just think that starting them in a foreign language should start around 2nd grade instead of first because in first they are still getting used to the whole school and homework scene.
fixedwounds

Pro

Maybe, but in my school, students are taught: Arabic, English, French and Chinese, starting first grade.And they turn out to be fluent and smart in these new languages.
mysterywriter

Con

mysterywriter forfeited this round.
Posted by giovannarivezzi 9 months ago
giovannarivezzi
Do you want someone to learn a foreign language? The sooner the better!
Posted by fixedwounds 9 months ago
fixedwounds
11 PEOPLE VIEWED THIS AND THEY ALL AGREE WITH ME. idk IF I SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT 11 PPL AGREE WITH ME OR SAD BC NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE ME A PAT ON THE BACK