Andrew.T
TheShadeM

Should free sex be prohibited for people under the age of 15?

TheShadeM

Andrew.T

Con

I absolutely think that free sex for teenagers is something that should not be banned. Sex is part of everyone's life in this world. People are born out of sex. Without sex, the human population in this world will not increase and human will soon extinct.

However, in this case, it is not something like Sex between spouses. But it is sex which happens in the sphere of teenagers. In this case is teenagers below 15 years old.

Now jumping to my arguments.

First, Sex is something natural, something that happened to everyone in this universe. Regarding to which I have mentioned before in the first paragraph, sex is part of everyone's life. It will happen to everyone sooner or later regardless of their age. People, who has done sex in their young age, will have more experience doing sex when they are adult.

Secondly, teenagers have their own choices over their own body. This case is similar to abortion. Reproductive choices empower mothers to abort their fetuses. Teenagers too have their own right to do sex. Banning them from sex means that you are confiscating their right. You don't want your human right to be seized from you too right?

Thirdly, sex should be exposed toward teenagers (below 15). Adults say that teenagers are not ready to have sex until they are older. Is that right? No. Teenagers are mixture of child and adult, which means that they are already old enough for sex. Also, teenagers think about sex regularly and do masturbation (which is kinda "LOL" as i have ever did it several times) and act sexually toward the opposite sex. When teenagers think about wanting to have sex, they should be allowed to do it. It is for their sexual pleasure. The more they think about doing sex, the more they will get addicted to it. (I have experienced this). :D

Now, I look forward to my opponent.
TheShadeM

Pro

I am (forced to) argue that free sex for people under the age of 15 should be discouraged. I am NOT going to argue that it should be BANNED. Banned means there is a formal law, the title only says 'prohibited' which does not necessarily mean there is a formal law. Thus, I will only be arguing that this is something that should be discouraged.

I will first proceed to rebuttals.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opponent began with saying that sex is part of everyone's life in this world because people are born out of sex and sex is important to ensure the survival of the human species. He continues to stress how it will happen to you sooner or later and he makes the assumption that you will experience more sex as an adult compared to when you are still young,

Firstly, I would argue that it is wrong to make the broad claim that sex is part of everyone's life. This is just such a general claim. For most kids under the age of 12, sex is not a concern in their lives at all, they are just learning about their own bodies and dicsovering their sexuality and they may only have very shallow ideas of what sex is.

It's not just for kids. Certain religions prohibit you to have any sexual relationships at all and there are big populations of monks, priests and other religious people who practise abstaining which is a life without any sex. Many even cut off their sexual parts to remove all temptations altogether.

Clearly, my opponent is making too general a claim when he says that sex is part of everyone's life.

Furthermore, it would be another low-level error to suggest that everyone is born out of sex. There are people who are born through in-vitro fertilisation or through the lab and these practices do not come from the coupling of a male and a female.

Finally, when we look at everything my opponent has said here, even if we are to let it pass, all he has given is the benefit of sex. Ok, we love sex. So, what? My opponent should say why it is OK for UNDERAGE people to practice sex. This is something he hasn't done. Most probably he has overlooked this. The topic of this debate is not just about sex but of UNDERAGE SEX.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opponent's second point is that teenagers have their own choices regarding their own bodies. This may be a good point. However, people's rights have limitations. You can't say you are allowed to kill someone because it is your right to do so. In the case of minors (underage people), when they do something wrong by law in majority of the countries in the world, they are not taken serious action because they are underage and they still cannot judge good and bad well enough.

It is the duty of the society to frown on things which are detrimental to the young generation for their own sake. You cannot expect them to just be allowed to do anything they want. As older people, we should guide and educate them, especially in a world of hypersexuality nowadays.

The young are the future of the country and the country has to implement some steps especially in a world with a lot of youth problems. 15 is pretty young to be able to discern good and bad well.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, my opponent says that we should expose them to sex early. Yes, sure. I agree with that. But you don't need them to actually do sex to teach them about sex lol. Sex education can be taught in schools to teach them about the responsibilities and repercussions of sex, especially unsafe sexual practices which are really common even in developed nations.

My opponent makes the claim, that the more you think about sex, the more you want to do it. I will tell him now that the more you actually DO sex, the more addictive it will be for you. The solution is to stop watching porn and channel your energy into more productive and long-term satisfying tasks and goals. Not to keep on having sex, sex and sex.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will bring up my argument now. My argument on why sex for those under 15 should be discouraged is that it is important to teach them that sex comes with responsibilities as well. For many young people, they have casual sex and then most of the time, the girl becomes pregnant and has to deal with the consequences. Yes, I know this is also a very general statement since young people can use contraceptive methods.

However, I would argue that most under the age of 15 are too reckless and cannot be bothered with contraceptive measures. Kids are really horny at that age and they don't see, or they don't think of the risks of sex at all. This is not to mention the spread of sex-related diseases particularly HIV.

Also, sex should not just be about satisying lust. You want to satisfy lust, go masturbate. But sex is also about family, taking care of children, growing together as a family, etc etc. Free sex for those under 15 should be discouraged because if it is not, it encourages the mentality that sex is just something physical. You can just do it, screw and trick girls so that you get what you want, and then just dump her when you are satisfied. This is not the way to go in our pursuit of builing a better society because the strength of the family unit is the main foundation of every society.

If a family unit is weak because both parties are not loyal, the society will suffer. This is sadly what happens in most countries where even at a young age, it is ok for you to have sex. Even with as many people as you want.

I know my argument is mostly a rant with very little sources but I am struggling to put my personal experiences and observation into words. I hope you can excuse me for this and understand what I am trying to put across.
Andrew.T

Con

Andrew.T forfeited this round.
Andrew.T

Con

Andrew.T forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Andrew.TTheShadeMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Agreed with Pro.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Andrew.TTheShadeMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
Andrew.TTheShadeMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct because Con forfeited. Arguments because Con dropped all of Pro's and Pro rebutted on all of Con's.