rosario334477
really1234

Should gay marriage be allowed???

rosario334477

Pro

My classmate says that gay people are a disgrace. I said that gay people can get married at any time whether people like it or not. Its their choice who they like. Its like saying when you like someone and some else is saying no your not allowed to date them you have to date this person because everyone dates him. You don't even want to date him but its the rule right... no its not. Everyone likes their own things from a sock to the person they want to be with.
really1234

Con

gay people are a disgrace ds.fajd fjsasdfosdjjdsasd pasdf asdfj;dsklf sdfhs;dfk asdfjka;sd fasjdlf sdfhasj;ldf ahf;s dfajsdf ;sdhflasjkd fahdsfjkal sdfahsjkldf sdjf;asd fhsadkjfalsd jfasdjklf asdfjhalsdk fhasdfkjlas d
rosario334477

Pro

rosario334477 forfeited this round.
really1234

Con

really1234 forfeited this round.
rosario334477

Pro

rosario334477 forfeited this round.
really1234

Con

really1234 forfeited this round.
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
(If you think I'm taking that bat =/= bird thing out of context, then could you please put it into context instead of merely whining about it?)
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
As usual, you provided no counter arguments to my points at all and didn't seem to even read my points nor did you look at the links I provided to you.

Instead, you ignored my answers (clearly visible via my step by step analysis, if you bothered to debate properly and read) and whined that I was taking everything out of context, without put anything into context and without correcting any of my arguments which you so often claimed were false.

When the penny drops and you learn how debating works, come back.

P.S

Your God is pretty dumb if he thinks bats are birds. Just saying, he seems to be worse than me when it comes to biology.

Leviticus 11:13-19New International Version (NIV)

13 ""These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
"As usual no actual answers, and taking everything I say out of context"

You're just taking everything I say out of context.
No I will not back up that point. You'll just take it out of context.
^Your argument.
You do an awful lot of whining about having no answers and me taking everything out of context, despite the fact that heaps of my points have not been given counter arguments and you have not once backed up your point that I take things out of context and you have not once even tried to put things into context.

" you are allowing your misconceptions to drive your arguments"

Point out my misconceptions good sir and correct them. I have taken what you have said and made logical conclusions from those. You have failed to provide any counter arguments beyond "You're not answering and you're taking everything out of context", which is just a blatant falsehood.
I'm not surprised by your response though.

"classic atheist response."

This actually made me laugh.

"I have spent enough time trying to just get you to understand the question that's being asked"

If you look verry closely, you'll see that I have answered all your questions and provided counter arguments to all your points (you can see this very clearly via my step by step analysis on your comments).
You, however, have been doing nothing but whining.

"and your responses merely say you have addressed my questions without actually affirming facts."

Not my fault you don't read your opponents arguments m9.

"I pray the day comes when the penny drops for you."

I pray for you that you believe in the giant teapot.

You see, the giant teapot created us all and his invisible influences can be clearly seen throughout the world. The teapot loves you. Don't you understand that? It wants to be a part of your life, man. Why won't you understand.

P.S

If you don't love the teapot back, it'll make you suffer for the rest of eternity.

But it still loves you.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 6 months ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
As usual no actual answers, and taking everything I say out of context, you are allowing your misconceptions to drive your arguments, classic atheist response. I have spent enough time trying to just get you to understand the question that's being asked and your responses merely say you have addressed my questions without actually affirming facts. I pray the day comes when the penny drops for you.
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
"God is a simultaneous moment of perfection but we currently are not with God."

Okay.
But you're admitting that God is omnibenevolent, which doesn't solve any problems.
All it does is create some, if you put his omnibenevolence together with the rest of his divine attributes.

"We don't make Gods plans."

When did I say we did?
Moreover, his plans?
You didn't watch the video did you?
Not surprised.

"God planned to come down 2000 years ago"

As did my magical teapot. Worship it.

"God is not evil, we brought evil into the world via original sin, we rejected God so rejected truth."

My argument on the problem of evil still applies here. All you're doing is showing how you didn't relaly look into my arguments at all.
Which I am not surprised by.

"If you were in Gods presence you would be in the presence of truth but if you reject God it is logical to say you cannot be in his presence, again, because of his omnipotence."

So... if I reject God, I cannot be with him because he can do absolutely anything?
How does that combat my arguments at all.
Calm down, "combat" is synonymous with "counter".

"One of the main teachings in the church is the mystery and how important faith is to understand the mystery more."

So you admit to be basing your belief in God on faith?
Brilliant.

"Of course we don't like to see these bad things happening, but you shouldn't just allow yourself to instantly reject Gods existence just because we don't understand fully why these things happen. That jump is illogical."

Yep, you didn't read into my arguments.
The problem with evil is a purely logical argument stemming from what we know about Gods divine attributes. If you could read into my actual arguments and try to counter them (I recommend reading my links as well), that'd be great.

Moreover, you admit that your belief in God is based on faith but claim I am the one who is illogical?
Brilliant.

Teapot's praise to you. May the tea guide your life
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
"But you should put the effort into fully understanding the teachings of the church before "combating" it."

*sigh* You speak on context but you time and time again fail to put what I give you into context. The closest you ever got was when you said that "boys" must have led to "mob", which wasn't that close at all.

"You feel as though you have to be insulting and disrespectful and use words like "Combat""

Jeez man, it's another term for "counter".
Synonyms bro.

"Come on brother, We can at least agree if Jesus taught to love and be charitable with no hidden agendas, we should live by that?"

While he was sort of nice, he was angry at a fig tree for not bearing fruit out of season.
And the rest of the blokes holy book is rather messed up.

"Explain, coming from someone who is not omnipotent, why God being omnipotent contradicts God creating a civilisation that he has given free will to?"

If you read very carefully, I said that there were more variables than omnipotence.

"Bearing in mind if you reject him then you cannot be with him because of his omnipotence as you pointed out."

When did I mention not being with him?

"If he is God and we have free will he wouldn't just overpower us because we wouldn't be freely choosing him as he wills for us to do, so that we may know why it had to be this way."

I refer to my video, which you apparently didn't watch.
So you suggest he doesn't stop bad things because he doesn't want to interfere for free will?
So... an example, if you will. A man is raping a woman. Because he is forcing her to do something, he is taking away her free will. God doesn't want to interfere because he doesn't want to interfere with free will. So, if he doesn't interfere, someone's free will is being taken, and if he does interfere, someone's free will is still being taken.
The fact that he chooses the former implies that he is choosing to side with the free will of the rapist over the free will of the rape victim.
Dam
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 6 months ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
But you should put the effort into fully understanding the teachings of the church before "combating" it. You feel as though you have to be insulting and disrespectful and use words like "Combat" and then point the finger at me? Come on brother, We can at least agree if Jesus taught to love and be charitable with no hidden agendas, we should live by that?

Explain, coming from someone who is not omnipotent, why God being omnipotent contradicts God creating a civilisation that he has given free will to? Bearing in mind if you reject him then you cannot be with him because of his omnipotence as you pointed out. If he is God and we have free will he wouldn't just overpower us because we wouldn't be freely choosing him as he wills for us to do, so that we may know why it had to be this way. God is a simultaneous moment of perfection but we currently are not with God. We don't make Gods plans. God planned to come down 2000 years ago we can't be naive to think Gods plan is to come down during the time we are living. God is not evil, we brought evil into the world via original sin, we rejected God so rejected truth. If you were in Gods presence you would be in the presence of truth but if you reject God it is logical to say you cannot be in his presence, again, because of his omnipotence. One of the main teachings in the church is the mystery and how important faith is to understand the mystery more. Of course we don't like to see these bad things happening, but you shouldn't just allow yourself to instantly reject Gods existence just because we don't understand fully why these things happen. That jump is illogical.
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
""it's a simple question, explain why, in order for a God to exist, God wouldn't allow bad things to happen. How is that an objective truth? ""

Moreover, it's not a question why, in order for A god to exist. This argument doesn't disprove the general notion of deities at all. What it does combat is YOUR God, the one which is shown by Christianity to an omni-god.

If an all good, all powerful, all knowing God existed, he'd want to stop suffering (because he's omnibenevolent). He'd also be able to, effortlessly (because he's omnipotent). He'd also know exactly how to in the most perfect way (because he's omniscient). So why does he not? Why doesn't he save people from being raped, being struck by disease, from having disabilities now, but was doing so freely in the past? Jesus was curing people of blindness to prove he was the son of God. Why does God not do this now?
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio

I'll put another link in for this, this guy explains it quite well.
https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
"You are in my prayers."

And you are in the prayers of the giant invisible teapot in the sky.