Markhoppus
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Should gay marriage be legal in all states?

AlwaysMoreThanYou

Markhoppus

Pro

I believe it should because everyone deserves equal rights. What if someone took away your right to marry because you loved someone of the opposite gender? Gay marriage has many reasons people oposse it and one of them is religion. Many people dont want it because there religion says its wrong but if their religion said it was right theyd be fighting for it. They were tought to think homosexuity is a sin. Im a christian and no where in the bible does it say it is a sin. And to not give someone the right to spend THEIR lifes with someone because YOU dont think its right is WRONG. Its their lifes. Honestly, how is it going to affect you? Its not like it will turn all of americas youth homosexual! It wont give everyone AIDS and it wont change any thing about your life. All it could do is give people happiness. Imagine a world where every one who was straight was critized and had to hide their relationships and coulnt marry an couldnt do an extent of kther things all because of who they loved! Gay marriage or as i like to say marriage should legal everywhere.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Con

Since my opponent has made some opening statements, I will make some opening counters. Next round, I will present an argument against gay marriage which I have succesfully defended in the past.

Rebuttals:

Pro writes "I believe it should because everyone deserves equal rights. What if someone took away your right to marry because you loved someone of the opposite gender?"

Everyone has equal rights. A man can marry a woman. A woman can marry a man. No woman can marry a woman. No man can marry a man.

You don't have a 'right' to marry someone you love. I would like my opponent to justify that claim.

Pro writes "Gay marriage has many reasons people oposse it and one of them is religion. Many people dont want it because there religion says its wrong but if their religion said it was right theyd be fighting for it."

But their religion says it's wrong, so they're fighting against it. Pointless hypothetical. Other reasons exist.

Pro writes "They were tought to think homosexuity is a sin. Im a christian and no where in the bible does it say it is a sin."

False.

Romans 1:26-28

"Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural, (27) and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity. (28) And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

"Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor practicing homosexuals (10) nor theives nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God."

You were saying...?

Pro writes "And to not give someone the right to spend THEIR lifes with someone because YOU dont think its right is WRONG. Its their lifes."

Denying someone the ability to validly enter into marriage with someone is not the same as denying them the 'right' to spend their life with someone.

Pro writes "Honestly, how is it going to affect you?"

Taxes.

Pro writes " Its not like it will turn all of americas youth homosexual! It wont give everyone AIDS and it wont change any thing about your life."

Taxes.

Pro writes "All it could do is give people happiness."

Taxes.

Pro writes "Imagine a world where every one who was straight was critized and had to hide their relationships and coulnt marry an couldnt do an extent of kther things all because of who they loved!"

I really have significant doubts that such a world could ever come to be, because heterosexual relationships are somewhat integral to reproduction.

Pro writes "Gay marriage or as i like to say marriage should legal everywhere."

No.
Markhoppus

Pro

Markhoppus forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Con

Extend all arguments.
Markhoppus

Pro

Markhoppus forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Con

Continue in the extension of all arguments.
Markhoppus

Pro

Markhoppus forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Con

'Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the extension of the arguments which I have made, whether in debate, or in forum.' - 2 Thessalonians 2:14
Markhoppus

Pro

Markhoppus forfeited this round.
AlwaysMoreThanYou

Con

No point in me arguing if my opponent won't.

Vote Con.
Posted by FREEDO 4 years ago
FREEDO
AlwaysMoreThanYou, I'm posting this here because you don't allow PM or wall comments.

The Economy game has begun:
http://www.debate.org...

Send me a PM because you need one to play the game.
Vote Placed by TrasguTravieso 4 years ago
TrasguTravieso
MarkhoppusAlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with CriticalThinkingMachine except on sources, as AMTY cited the Bible on Christian teaching (you would be hard-pressed to find something more reliable than the inerrant word of God)
Vote Placed by CriticalThinkingMachine 4 years ago
CriticalThinkingMachine
MarkhoppusAlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to Con obviously. Grammar to Con as well for Pro's wall of text, and conduct to Con too because of Pro being a sore loser and forfeiting. No sources on either side.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
MarkhoppusAlwaysMoreThanYouTied
Reasons for voting decision: Taxes.