Whaddupnoob
SnaxAttack

Should gay marriage be legalised?

SnaxAttack
Started: 6/18/2015 Category: News

Whaddupnoob

Pro

pls go easy on me as i am a newbie
Rules
No swear words or religious arguments
Rounds
1- Acceptance
2- Definition/Background Info
3- Arguments
Any queries will be settled on comments.
SnaxAttack

Con

I will accept and go easy enough on you.
Whaddupnoob

Pro

thank you
2.Background Information
a)What is same-sex marriage?
Same-sex marriage (also known as gay marriage) is marriage between two people of the same sex. Legal recognition of same-sex marriage or the possibility to perform a same-sex marriage is sometimes referred to as marriage equality or equal marriage, particularly by supporters and some opponents. The legalization of same-sex marriage is characterized as "redefining marriage" by many opponents to gays.
b)Why do most countries not allow same-sex marriage?
Most countries, namely Middle-Eastern countries, classify same-sex marriage as not allowed for religious purposes. In countries such as Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the death penalty is the punishment for same-sex marriages. The countries think that gays and lesbians are possessed by the devils and therefore the gays and lesbians must be killed.
c)Does the international community accept same-sex marriage?
In a recent survey done by the BBC, 21% of people in the world know (know as in colleague, friend etc) with a gay person and a further 15% have at least one relative that is gay. This proves sufficient evidence that most of the international community are in acceptance of gay people, although they are living in countries, like Sudan and Nigeria, where being gay is punishable by the death penalty.
SnaxAttack

Con

Before beginning, I wish a apology to my opponent for not being able to post quickly. I have certain things in my life that need to be accomplished first before anything else. Also, I apologize if I offend anyone because of playing the role of "Con" in the debate. With that in mind I will happily begin!

Background Information

Same Sex Marriage:
Definition (Oxford's Dictionary):
A marriage, or "bond", between two individuals of the same sex. Known as both "Gay Marriage" or "Lesbian Marriage".

a. Same Sex Marriage is a type of marriage that has been full of arguments for many years. Arguments typically started by individuals who follow a certain religion. The top being: Christianity and working its way to Judaism. And in certain countries, results with the "Death Penalty" for practicing this action. Which my opponent brought up.

b. The most common ground where Same Sex Marriage is done is in the United States, where there are still riots to legalize it throughout the country. This has been denied multiple times, but Same Sex Marriage has been legalized in certain states. Similar to allowing marijuana to be legalized.

c. Besides Same Sex Marriage being argued for religious purposes, there has been other reasons of why many people deny it. With facts of not having a child "naturally", and instead bringing the child from other countries. Where it causes the child psychological harm because of not having a mother to give the nurturing, or father to be a little gruff. Stated from psychological professor: "Trayce Hensen". As well as not following "tradition" besides a debate about religious arguments.
Whaddupnoob

Pro

Whaddupnoob forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

Since my opponent forfeited the round, I will keep my next argument sweet and short. Besides bringing religion towards this debate, I'd rather state the facts of why legalizing gay marriage would not be good. Well for starters, marriage is a tradition used in centuries for men and women, not same sex couples. It would break the tradition on what it is truly to be married. Next, there would be a chance of same sex couples wanting a child. The reasoning why I bring this up is because it is hard to raise a child without one sex or another. A child needs comfort, and a strong bond; held by the father and mother. As well as has been stated to cause more psychological harm to the child because of living in an environment of a same sex, instead of getting a taste on both genders.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
Same sex marriage should be legalized in the United States. I don"t wish to cast a pro or con vote concerning other countries due to cultural differences. The Bill of Rights/Constitution states" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" and "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (mankind) are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
These tenants alone would make it unconstitutional not to legalize same sex marriage. To say that marriage is only between a man and a woman is a religious based ideal. Marriage as an institution has evolved over the millenniums, and there were cultural/religious constructs that defined marriage. Religion was once the political force or establishment within a culture throughout history; this not the case in the US. In context of the Constitution to prevent same sex marriage would deny ones pursuit of happiness and liberty.
Posted by Whaddupnoob 1 year ago
Whaddupnoob
Pls hurry i am not having lots of free time.
Posted by Whaddupnoob 1 year ago
Whaddupnoob
thanks snax i realise you are newbie too so lets just not go easy on each other.
Deal?
Posted by Whaddupnoob 1 year ago
Whaddupnoob
Accept anyone pls
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
WhaddupnoobSnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round.