HappyTheExceed
ZachTheGreat

Should gay marriage be legalized?

HappyTheExceed

HappyTheExceed

Pro

I beileve gay marrage should be legalized. Round one of this debate will be the acceptance round. This is my first debate on my website, I am very amilier of the concept, and only know the basics. Excuse my noobiness
ZachTheGreat

Con

I believe In God and the Bible not the world. According to the Bible there are ten commandments and that is where we get our laws. If not, then it is fine to kill someone. Steal stuff and do everything against the bible. If you want to be like everyone and be a nobody it's fine by me. But in my opinion it is not ok to be gay.
HappyTheExceed

Pro

Your sexuality should not determine how you are treated, or how others view you. Thousands of people die just for being gay or pansexual, and would your God really want his people murdering fellow humans based on something as sexuality? You cannot say you love God, and hate his creation. It is the same as saying you love your sister, but hate what they do as a living. Many people are abondoned by thier very own parents just because of their sexuality, is this whats considered "holy" in the bible? Being abandoned by your parents, or being killed based on your sexuality?
ZachTheGreat

Con

God gave us a choice to sin It doesn't mean he likes it. He has pacifically told us not to marry the same sex. So if we do we have sined against him. The sixth commandment says don't kill, and if we do we are sinning. God says love your neighbors as yourself. We should love everybody but we are only human.
HappyTheExceed

Pro

Whose to say god is supposed to chose who you like and who you don't like? Since when does someone else choose your sexuality? The bible did state that "a man sleeping with a man is an abomination", but even so, since when is loving someone a crime? You said God gave us a choice to sin, but your sexuality isn't a learned behavior, you are born that way, therefore making that arguement invalid. Would you say that you were born straight, or were influenced by people around you? What if being straight was considered abnormal, how would you feel if a large society was trying to forcifully pull you and your loved one apart, just because a book told them too? The definition of "Holy" is morally good, and if hating someone based on thier sexually is morally right, then it can be argued that everyone who hates bisexuals becuase of thier sexualities is not holy, which includes God, if he really does disapprove of gays.
ZachTheGreat

Con

God is our creator and we are suppose to abide by his law. You are not born to be gay its just Satan trying to trick you. If God told me to be gay(and he hasn't) I would obey his command. God commands us to not be gay and if everyone was I still wouldn't be gay.
HappyTheExceed

Pro

First of all, there is no proof that God even exists, other than the bible. Although this can lead to a whole different topic, let's get back on course. "You are not born gay, it is just satan trying to trick you" like by past arguement, there is no proof of this. I, being gay myself, have no strange voices ("Satan") in my head telling me what to do. If you are straight, how do you know you aren't born gay? If this were true, then you weren't born straight either. Your next arguement "God commands us to be gay", has God ever openly explained to you why you should not be gay? If no, then this arguement would be invalid. And finally, your last arguement "if everyone was I still wouldn't be gay", this is extremely similar of what happens when you are bisexual. Even if everyone around you is straight, you'd still be gay. Now think of it from a bisexuals perspective, "if everyone was, I still wouldn't be straight" which is exactly what you are saying, except from your own point of view.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
HappyTheExceed

Pro

I win this arguement because my opponent fails to provide real evidence, other than the bible, which itself is not a very creditable source. Nor has my opponent attack my claims, and only restated his own. He has also forfeited the previous round, which is cowardly.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
what does your god say the punishment is for disobeying his commandments?
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Does not agreeing with a lifestyle choice equal hate, you make it sounds like there is no difference from disagreeing and hating. There is a major difference by the way.
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
HappyTheExceedZachTheGreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Con that it should not be legalized, but he just gave stuff from the Bible and said God was real, then forfeited, so 6 points for Pro.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
HappyTheExceedZachTheGreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture