tomjazzy
Demosthenes1980

Should gay marriage be legalized

Demosthenes1980 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

tomjazzy

Pro

Use first round to accept. Use logic and well documented study's. Leave a link to all study's.
Demosthenes1980

Con

First of all if this was instituted, it is not gay marriage, it is gay Union. I am not a church person. I stick to the facts. I will keep all of my arguments fully based in reality and on facts.

In a nutshell, gay relationships are not beneficial for humanity as a whole. This does not allow the system of evolution to continue. They are not reproducing, and not contributing to the gene pool. This also spreads STD's far faster than heterosexual relationships.

There is significant scientific research into the cause of gay relationships. The research points to homosexuality being a mental/genetic disorder.

When this type of behavior is perceived as being good, and a way to express yourself, this is the wrong mentality. As I said this is not beneficial for humanity as a whole, and the goal of humanity is to get as far as possible in science, society, and culture. When children are raised with homosexuality being a good thing, this confuses them. They should be strictly shown how evolution intended us to reproduce.

Homosexual people are also 6 times more likely to commit suicide than a heterosexual person. This shows that their quality of life isn't great, which is expected since they are the minority, and they are detrimental as a whole to society.

I know some of what I said seems like I am a homophobe, but all of this is solid research. I was as objective as I could be. I would definitely say no to gay marriage, for all of those reasons.
tomjazzy

Pro

Okay a few things.
1: I asked you to use use the first round to accept meaning I wanted you not post your argument in the first round.
2: You talk about a lot of researcher and yet you do not give me a link like I asked. This means I have no idea of the validity of your proof. You talk about studies but don't give me anything but your word.
3: Not everyone is gay. Those who are strait are still going to populate the earth. Also its not like gay people are going to suddenly become strait if gay marriage is legalized.
4: You are arguing that because something dose not help the goal of humanity in the sense of since, culture and society it should be outlawed. You sure about that?
5: STD can be prevented using protection
Studies you need to give links too:
1:Studies on cause of gay relationships
2: Studies showing homosexuality to be a mental/genetic disorder
3: Proof that gay parents are more likely to have gay kids
4: proof that gay people are 6 times more likely to commit suicide.
Those who are prevented form marrying often end up with large finical burdens. Back in 2013 PBS found that gay couples are more likely be uninsured do to not being able to get to there spouses employ heath insurances. This can cost the average employee $500,000 dollars over a life time.
Similarly, because there are now an increase in people getting married, there are also going to be an increase in people buying wedding licenses, photographers, and the like, giving a boost to the economy.
I don't think your homophobic. Thanks for answering.
Posted by tomjazzy 1 year ago
tomjazzy
I was not so much worried about plagiarism as I am making sure the sources are reputable
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
Your debate is based off an accusation and confession that is plagiarizing an existing Likely-hood and is violating precedent that has already set within terms of Marriage before law.
It term is not even providing a legitimate description to witnesses, a constitutional description might be Binivir as it cannot be mistaken and is not suggestive to sexual behavior to the public.
Posted by tomjazzy 1 year ago
tomjazzy
Ironically I forgot to post my link. Sorry. Here it is.
http://www.pbs.org...
Posted by tomjazzy 1 year ago
tomjazzy
maybe i should have debated weather or not to talk about gay marriage first
Posted by Johnnybags 1 year ago
Johnnybags
The fact that it is legal does not settle this discussion-

You state: especially given the current political climate in the US- Why do you say this?

You State: This could quickly turn another way with the new supreme court and congress. Why do you feel this way? Provide evidence

Additionally, just because it is legal doesn't mean some will not honor the law. Who is opposing the law?

Kim Davis didn't care.- Kim Davis is a whack job in Kentucky that should be stripped of her job?
Posted by davidmuniz 1 year ago
davidmuniz
The fact that it is legal does not settle this discussion, especially given the current political climate in the US. This could quickly turn another way with the new supreme court and congress. Additionally, just because it is legal doesn't mean some will not honor the law. Kim Davis didn't care.
Posted by Doom-Guy-666-1993 1 year ago
Doom-Guy-666-1993
It is already legal...
Posted by tomjazzy 1 year ago
tomjazzy
the question here is weather or not it should be a law. I'm not trying to change the world, just discus an issue. I mostly chose this because I needed something I had spent some time thinking about. Also just to make clear I am arguing for gay marriage.
Posted by Johnnybags 1 year ago
Johnnybags
What Pierce said.. Agreed!
Posted by Pierce_Presley 1 year ago
Pierce_Presley
No offence, this debate is pointless. Gay marriage has already been settled in the United States, and it has been legalised. So personally, I believe we should stop arguments about this in the US, because it is already law.