MinnieMau5
Shadow-Dragon

Should gay people be allowed to get married?

Shadow-Dragon

MinnieMau5

Pro

I believe that we should be able to marry whom ever we would like. (considering just people)
Shadow-Dragon

Con

I accept the Con position in this debate.

- Shadow-Dragon -
MinnieMau5

Pro

MinnieMau5 forfeited this round.
Shadow-Dragon

Con

My opponent has forfeited her round. I do not want to start my arguments without giving her a chance to make her case first. So, I will pass this round to be fair.

Thanks.
MinnieMau5

Pro

MinnieMau5 forfeited this round.
Shadow-Dragon

Con

Once again, I will pass. If she does not post next round, then I will give my arguments, but otherwise, I'm being fair and giving her an opportunity to make her case. If she does not post anything, then voters will have a clear decision.

Thanks.
MinnieMau5

Pro

MinnieMau5 forfeited this round.
Shadow-Dragon

Con

Shadow-Dragon forfeited this round.
MinnieMau5

Pro

MinnieMau5 forfeited this round.
Shadow-Dragon

Con

I apologize to all who may have been disappointed by the conduct of this debate with the forfeits, but I gave her opportunities to redeem herself, and she never showed up. So, as promised, I will post an argument. Thanks.

{P1} The definition of marriage

Marriage for generations has been defined as the union between a man and a woman. This is what marriage has been known as even in the B.C.'s. It is taking the known tradition of marriage being a convanent between a man and a woman, and twisting the definition, in an attempt to encompass a larger group of people.

{P2} Natural
Intercourse is the sexual connection between two partners. Biologically, humans, and all other animals, have been made to survive and reproduce. The task of surviving is not difficult, but reproduction would be impossible for homosexuals, as long as they are biologically isolated- they do not get a surrogate or artificial insemination. The opposite genders have complementary sexual organs, for the purpose of reproduction. If the purpose of any group of animals is to have the population survive, certainly a group of individuals who can't would be a setback to the community, and their inability to reproduce makes them unnatural.

{P3} Inability to reproduce
Two gay partners, if they wanted children, would have to adopt (disregard the artificial forms). "Their" child is now deprived of a parent, a mother or father. The article linked at the bottom shows that fatherless children are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol. The lack of a parent of one gender has detrimental effects on the well-being of "their" child. [1] [2]

{P4} Science
-Opposites attract- a fundamental law of nature and science. Whether it be magnets or electrons-protons, it is shown that two different things were "made for each other" Man and woman, physically different, were made for each-other, as supported by:
{P5} Religion, the doctrine that billions follow. Even if you don't follow a religion, humans were made for men and woman to be together, reproduce, support their child, and contribute to society. Gay marriage hinders the growth of a rapidly-advancing population by taking away the chance for abled-people to contribute to the world.

Lastly, I would like to address the most common of misconceptions about this topic.

The most consistent yet irrelevant of arguments is that homosexuals have the right to be happy, and thus the right to marry to make them happy.

There are so many flaws, yet this is used as one of the most common of arguments. The government does not care who is marrying each other. The fact that it is two homosexuals rather than two heterosexuals is not a factor when these topics are discussed. Thus, saying that they have the right to be happy, and thus the right to marry, you are not fully understanding the way the system works. The fact of the matter is, happiness has nothing to do with marriage. There are many married couples that are unhappy, but they aren't being separated by the government.
In addition, married couples recieve benefits because their union can benefit society. They can have children, raise the next generation of humans ( Note: I already addressed homosexuals and adoption). Thus, they are being rewarded by furthering the society as a whole with many money related benefits. [3] They are not given these because they are 'happy' together. The happiness of a homosexual couple or a heterosexual couple does not add the society nor does benefit others in any way. So, making people 'happy' and letting them marry is not a point that should be taken into account. Once again, the government does not care what happens in the bedroom, nor who is involved, they are protecting the inveterate values and ideals of the United States of America, and not allowing a homosexual couple to be married simply because it would make them happy to be with each other.

I thank my opponent for this debate, even if she did not participate. Sorry to all those who might have been disappointed by my opponents conduct, or even mine, and I hope to have a better debate in the future.

[1] http://www.photius.com...
[2] http://prospect.org...
[3] http://www.nolo.com...
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 2 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
Sorry, for forfeiting my round. There is really no point to this debate. I will just post a simple argument if she does not post which seems like the expected outcome.
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 2 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
Yes, I will bring up raising children in this debate.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Sure it is bad if they raise kids hopefully that is brought up in the debate.
Posted by ChristianPunk 2 years ago
ChristianPunk
@Jasper why the quote "gay people." And is them raising kids a bad thing?
Posted by MinnieMau5 2 years ago
MinnieMau5
sure
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 2 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
Hello. If you want to start with your arguments first, the way it is normally done on this site, then I will 'pass' the first round. If you want that, just say so soon in the comments. Thanks.
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
This is kind of lame because "gay people" everywhere are already getting married plus raising kids.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
You should state that argument "Bible says God hates homosexuals" will not be accepted in this debate; Unless you want this to turn into yet another debate about Christianity.
Vote Placed by awr700 2 years ago
awr700
MinnieMau5Shadow-DragonTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
MinnieMau5Shadow-DragonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit