miinty
FollowerofChrist1955

Should gay people be discriminated against because the bible says so?

miinty

miinty

Con

When asked why they don't like gay people many people say "because of the bible". Is that a valid reason?
FollowerofChrist1955

Pro

Question:Should gay people be discriminated against because the bible says so?
ANSWER: YES

I shall present the case from a totally scripture verified and confirmed basis. On this matter, I merely present the FACTS as they exist within SCRIPTURE ALONE! No commentaries, No Scholars opinions, No Pastors or Preachers or Teachers, Strongs or any concordances ... straight Word of God!

First to define Discrimination- the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex:

Definition: unjust: unfair,dishonest, faithless

Definition Bible: the sacred scriptures of Christians comprising the Old Testament and the New Testament
Definition Sacred: entitled to reverence and respect , unassailable, inviolable, highly valued and important a sacred responsibility

Here we begin! IS it appropriate, Right, required, necessary to treat in ways that Humanity may see as prejudicial the Gay community at large, BECAUSE you ARE Christian, AND Follow God and The Bible?

GREAT QUESTION: ANSWER: YES!

The simple answer is that Christians are to obey human law except where that human law violates God's Law. Our supreme duty is to obey God.

Verification by scripture: Obey God
Acts 5:29 -27 The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.” 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!

Daniel in the lions' den? Daniel 6:6-9
7 The royal administrators, prefects, satraps, advisers and governors have all agreed that the king should issue an edict and enforce the decree that anyone who prays to any god or human being during the next thirty days, except to you, Your Majesty, shall be thrown into the lions’ den. 8 Now, Your Majesty, issue the decree and put it in writing so that it cannot be altered—in accordance with the law of the Medes and Persians, which cannot be repealed.” 9 So King Darius put the decree in writing.

10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

16 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!”

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Daniel 3: 4 Then the herald loudly proclaimed, “Nations and peoples of every language, this is what you are commanded to do: 5 As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. 6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.”

16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

My Fellow Believers what else need be said! The evidence is indisputable, by the Holy Word of God!

That having been said ... we must delve deeper into discriminatory ACTS specifically? What might those be? Where is the LINE so to speak? God alone can say!

I submit merely perspectives?
You must DENY anything that PROMOTES LGBT as normal. it is not! Too many scriptures to post on that, but you know.
You must deny the ceremony of Marriage itself to the Gay.
You must not support sex change in any fashion or semblance of support.
You must not encourage persons who have sexual confusions to lean toward strangeness.
You must not HATE those who are LGBT, merely state the wrong of it!
You must not provide financial support to them which supports such a lifestyle!
You must speak truth that sex-change is a delusion, impossible to achieve in any society. Man cannot become REAL Woman, neither Woman Real Man, any more than they could become a REAL Penguin, though they COULD achieve surgical alteration ... the fact remains they REMAIN, in every way that matters, what they were born to be, by DNA and Skeletal form and IN REALITY!
There are others I'm sure but they would require prayer for guidance on the matter?
Example is making a Cake truly discriminatory? NO why not? It promotes AS NORMAL Marriage between same sex couples .. ALL Christians KNOW that is WRONG! So to force a business to provide it is RELIGIOUS Discrimination! PERIOD!
that's just one that comes immediately to mind!
Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?
John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I closing. The concept of DISCRIMINATION? Must be viewed from a Biblical prospective rather that a Human one! Indeed, what is discrimination to the World as a WHOLE is naturally AGAINST God! For the World hates God and all that is His!

miinty

Con

According to your logic we must follow everything in the Bible or else we go to hell? Here are some things in the Bible that I doubt you follow.
-'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material"
Whatever you're wearing right now I can guarantee, its a mix of two fabrics.
'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material
Next, Any creation of God also hates God, looks like you hate god huh?

Now lets get on to the main topic of the argument at hand.
First of can you get me an actually verse in the Bible where it says that gays should be hated? I see this far too often where Christians follow a lump mentality and say gay people are bad with no proof. The only part with any mention to them in Leviticus and he was referring to gay rapists. Not gay people in general, so yeah try again.

Next, the claim "homosexuality is forbidden by god" is bias added into the Bible over time. The Bible does not mention as far as personality. Sexual orientation was not understood in Biblical times. In fact the word "homosexuality" wasn't a word until the 19th century.

Now lets talk about Romans 1:26. Many people will take this chapter as condemning gay people, when in reality it is condemning false gods. When Gentiles left to pursue fake gods, the sexual behavior was orgiastic, not a committed and loving one.

Finally, all verses where gay people have been implied to, are used as examples for other things. (rape ,cults, and false gods)
FollowerofChrist1955

Pro

I’m Sorry, your topic didn’t ASK my opinion, it stated whether or not gay people should be discriminated against because the bible says so?

That answer is YES!

You state -'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material"

Hehehe …. Your so crazy. The instructions of the past? Relevant to be sure, but not pertinent today. The Bible is ALIVE sir. It moves along WITH Life. As Life continues to expand in its normal Patterns, the Bible discusses each generation and what each generation will look like, behave, believe, treasure, be lured by, be governed by, all the way till it’s self-destruction brought on by calamity.

Yes I am aware, you don’t know this … but its only because you DON’T want to know it bad enough to study the Bible same as the reason you DON’T know God! This too is a mystery among the unbelieving. They state a desire to know but are apathetic when it comes to actually seeking? That makes as much sense as wanting to find buried treasure yet staunchly refusing to leave the House …. You know … Bats? Ahh well.

you state" First of can you get me an actually verse in the Bible where it says that gays should be hated?"

Hated? And this hated is of course according to YOUR definition right? I mean, according to YOUR interpretation of Hate huh?

Why on earth do you ask questions that waste time and are useless in meaning! You say hate but that is an awful BIG arena. I need to know WHAT examples you HAVE. Do you men … won’t give them a wedding cake? Or do you mean Beat them with a stick. Do you mean not allow them to join the Church? Or do you mean Call them names and picket them? Do you mean Refuse to give them wedding licenses or do you mean throw bricks through their home windows? You see, like always, you ask but don’t WANT to know, that’s why your ambiguous. Each of those examples were examples of just treatment and hateful treatment. One isn’t hate it is required of God, while the other is cruelty, hatefulness, looking to hurt them in all aspects of Life, emotionally, physically. Christians don’t hate people!

That YOU don’t know the difference between genuine hate, and requirements of God is totally YOUR OWN FAULT! You really want to know … pick up the Bible and READ it, that out of the question call the Baptist Church, Methodist, Church, Catholic Church, Lutheran Church, mst churches actually and speak with one of the Preachers, Priests, Pastors and ASK THEM … Hey pastor or Father, or whoever … this gay person wants this … why is that wrong, or is it wrong?

You might learn something. Like the VERY IMPORTANT cake question ….. Wedding Cake … No it supports something forbidden in scripture, abominable action. BUT graduation, Birthday, promotion Cake … for someone Gay, COMPLETELY acceptable to provide such things because it demonstrates love to a Soul, not a CELEBRATION of PERVERSION!

you state" I see this far too often where Christians follow a lump mentality and say gay people are bad with no proof."

You mean like you just using the word HATE? Instead of giving examples that I can work with? Expand on, GIVE you actual truths to? Are you showing any better conduct that they?

And your “not listening” It ISN’T the people … it’s the ACTION, The SIN that is bad. It is not that they are doing them … it is they are GOING TO HELL FOR DOING THEM! Can you really not see the difference?

you state "Next, the claim "homosexuality is forbidden by god" is bias added into the Bible over time. The Bible does not mention as far as personality. Sexual orientation was not understood in Biblical times. In fact the word "homosexuality" wasn't a word until the 19th century."

Says the non-expert, Never research, don’t know God, don’t care to know God, Too lazy to look guy!

Let me ask you something …. Is a god who can be outmaneuvered by the cleverness of Man GOD? Then don’t be stupid! Your listening to Men for Pete’s sake … other people who Like you wouldn’t know God, from Crisco! STOP listening to the Scholars. You wanna know ASK GOD!, He speaks for Himself on everything! Not even I give any credence to Mens books, why should you? Their theologians, Scholars, they lost their way long ago. They have a purpose I’m sure, But Disciples they are NOT! To filled with what THEY “THINK” the Bible says to have a clue what it means. Their so busy figuring out a single word to KNOW the phrase at all. Ask them what that word means, their Einstein, ask them what the scripture SENTENCE means, you get a Blank stare! Here I’ll show you something that proves the point?

2 Peter 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Now, your not even a Believer … but read this and TELL me if it doesn’t say very plainly NOT to interpret GODS WORD!

It says the Prophets didn’t do it, THEY WERE TOLD, what to write! NOT put down what they THOUGHT GOD SAID!

Yet how many Commentaries, Strongs concordences, Christian dictionaries, colleges that REQUIRE every other book published in Society, EXCEPT the Bible … and you begin to SEE the Problem! If these people couldn’t KEEP a simple command as that? You see what God puts up with among His OWN people … you want Him to concern Himself over people who REFUSE to seek HIM? Please!

I got a dog, runs into the street, chasing cars, I put a fence, He digs under it, I put him on a lease IN a chained yard, I get flack for cruelty to animals, I’m restricting his freedom, I let him Go, he runs into the street gets killed and I get jail for not keeping it in the yard? You see where I’m going with this? You want the stupid! Like the gays, they want BOTH a vagina and a penis and THAT’S the truth and why? Cause their PERVERTED nothing more nor less. They’re in LOVE … what a crock!

Check it out. They (Males- want Both a penis AND a Vagina … together they use WHAT for satisfaction the anus, but they also KEEP what? That’s right the penis, what are you blind? If I can see it, you think God can’t? So you see, they want to have BOTH, lets go to the other side FEMALES – They use what to satisfy themselves … that’s right they use BOTH TO! The vagina AND the Dildo.

but THEIR NORMAL .... RIIIIIGHT!

Now lets go to the really big one … that EVERYBODY IGNORES. In 1000 years when scientist dig up the remains of THIS generation, using Forensics, pathology ,DNA and Anthropology … when the dig up a Male who had a sexchange operationwhat will the evidence show? You don’t want to answer it I know?

How bout a Female who had a sexchange operation? What will the evidence show?

It WILL SHOW that we were a GENERATION of the most ignorant and perverse than ever before! Imagine except for the two silicone implants in the coffin … everybody is gonna KNOW it was a MALE! They will be scratching their heads.

Sure I can possibly Identify with a penguin, I can even have surgery to resemble one, but penfuin I am “NOT” and never gonna be. Same story with the lunatics of the LGBT. Their perverts they KNOW their perverts which IS WHY they stayed in the CLOSET, not because they wouldn’t be understood … BUT BECASUSE THEY WOULD BE UNDERSTOOD!

You state " Now lets talk about Romans 1:26. Many people will take this chapter as condemning gay people, when in reality it is condemning false gods. When Gentiles left to pursue fake gods, the sexual behavior was orgiastic, not a committed and loving one."

Hahahahaha, yeah lets all listen to you, on scripture, Okay Poop Paul!

Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 6 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
YakovF;
True, but ALL OF THEM are going to HELL, immediately at DEATH, as are you. See Yak my stupid little buddy. Because YOU do not have the intelligence to Search to see IF God is real, though you KNOW of Hell's potential existence, That in a word makes you an imbecile.

Because I "did" look and guess what? Sure enough He's REAL! So that makes you dumber than dirt, in the vernacular of the old west. It then is reasonable to figure your as slow witted as molasses in the winter as well.

so let me put it to you where you might understand, but of course given your demonstrated acumen, you might not! Reckon I just have to chance it? that YOU think because you don't believe (cause you've never looked) and are dimwitted enough to presume that NO ONE HAS LOOKED (asinine in the extreme), your assumption is not only wrong, but idiot in retrospect, to someone who has the intellect to evaluate your statement!

How does it go? "not everybody believes in the bible," on evaluation? NONE of those have LOOKED! Like you they just refuse to believe so of course if THEY refuse to believe it .... I mean it just CAN'T be real ... Right Sherlock?
Posted by YakovF 6 months ago
YakovF
followerofchrist, you are an idiot. Not everybody wants to read a 10k+ word essay you made. Also, not everybody believes in the bible, which makes your points weak.
FollowerofChrist1955
missmedic;
Because of the emotions of Sarah, we have Islam. Get a grip Woman! EnlightenUS where in the scriptures you profess to have READ, though clearly "Not" heeded, it says that Woman is exempt from rational thought?
But I am a Woman as an excuse for your complete Lack of reason and responsibility, is a dog that no longer hunts!

TOP DEFINITION
that dog don't hunt
An obviously faulty endeavor; also as ~ /won't hunt/, predictive of failure.
No go, non-starter
As he faced the blank stares of the members following his proposal, someone whispered offcamera, "Well. That dog don't hunt."

When will you grow up? And be a responsible citizen. Park that Fleshly Heart and plug in your Brain? It is written:
2 Thessalonians 5:6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.

Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 25:28 Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.
2 Peter 1:3-11 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control;
FollowerofChrist1955
DjDoug;
Despite the Lies of Men, who for profit or agenda, willfully set forth obvious fallacies, which any Man of reason and intelligence may determine is false. It then becomes shameful that such men who applaud their own intelligence, willfully demonstrate sheer lack of responsible conduct in the governing of their lives as you have demonstrated today?

Anthropology and Pathology have existed for countless ages yet, you willfully turn a blind eye? Why? For what purpose have you sold out to the status quo? Surely it isn"t by reason of intellect as you have plainly cast aside all you HAVE known for the outrageous!

Anthropology has demonstrated the ability to IDENTIFY a Human Male by DNA and Skeleton, that have been in the ground thousands of years. By DNA processing they can determine from the dust of Man, the Gender, by reason of Genetics!

Tell us why NOW, in the present, you have cast all these Hard Scientific Facts, to embrace the asinine! It clearly isn"t based on Scientific evidence? For you to claim that a male can be converted into a Real Honest to God Woman from the skeletal, and DNA of a Male is ... Well, it is stupid with all synonyms appropriately being assigned to you!

One wanders if you can fetch too? Why you have chosen to live on your knees instead of standing as a Man, is I suppose your own worry. One day, when they come for you? There won"t BE anyone else left to Stand up for You ... will there?

So by your way of thinking you state a Man CAN become a Penguin by merely altering the FLESH? Not true, not true at all. Remember YOU are responsible for CREATING the cesspool, that you will be tossing YOU children and Grandchildren into!

Shame on you.
So you VOTE based on emotion eh? Perhaps as Mel Gibson queried " You have a dog in this fight?"
Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
I have read though the bible, and it never says that you can follow the commandments you like and neglect the rest, nor reduce the punishment god imposes. So does a person use the bible's morality or their own? Easy question to answer if your not a Christian.

If follower had his way we would hate our own children and condemn them to a loveless life, alone.
All they want is to be loved and accepted, what is wrong with you that you don't want that for them too?
Posted by ANANIGMA 6 months ago
ANANIGMA
I am too new to vote but if I did, I agreed with Miinty before and after the debate. FollowerofChrist1955 made the better argument. A tie. It would of been nice to see a discussion over the 2 most quoted verses when it comes to "homosexuality in the bible". Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.

My belief is this comes from man and not God. If it was God then why do almost all primates engage in homosexual behavior? Seems illogical that GOD would be ok with male monkeys banging each other but somehow humans can't engage in this activity when it's a clear abomination in God's eyes. Take the homophobia in our culture, this law seems highly rooted in human discrimination and not rooted in a creator of all life itself.

I agree with Followers later explanation.
Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
Evil people always believe that they are morally certain, and there in lies the danger. Just look at Hitler, Stalin or Mao, they did what they did because they thought they were right. With out a reality check on our philosophy (religious or any other worldview) people are domed to repeat the mistakes of the past.
Anyone that tolerates bigotry empowers the bigot. https://www.youtube.com...
This whole debate begs the question (although it never gets answered) why do you care so much about other people's sexuality. https://www.scientificamerican.com...
Posted by MRAAJ.evil 6 months ago
MRAAJ.evil
MRAAJ likes a bit of lesbian porn, that's his preference, hes such a loner. (self plug for new years special debate, see me psychologically destroy MRAAJ n follower' at the same time, il make them cry wishing they were babies again.
Posted by Flatstanley 6 months ago
Flatstanley
Rasist
FollowerofChrist1955
Another example would be if a Gay person was in a bind and needed financial assistance. It would be permissible, in fact the Godly thing to tend to their aide as your fellowman. On the otherhand were this person, taking up donations for a LGBT promotion event, THAT would be forbidden for Believers to participate.
Or
if a gay soul needed a place to stay, and food to eat, the believer is obligated to render aide. But intimacy of same sex partners would be forbidden in the Home of a Believer and that WOULD be required to be enforced. If violated it would be appropriate to remove the person from your Home, as the home in every respect belongs to God and is a gift to the believer. Sin may not be promoted in Gods house!

Are you beginning to get the picture?

What is the person attended gay rallies, evets that promotes homosexuality or lesbianism? That would have no bearing on our obligation to render aide to the individual. Provided the individual did not bring and work on activist propaganda in The Believers home, he would remain welcome. The point is you don"t have a problem with the person pushing an agenda ... just Not within the house of God! This means no poster making, letter writing. Go to the library, don"t bring it INTO our home or your GONE!

You might consider it hate, true but it would be just, because it (house) is Gods, I would not allow satanic worship either, that isn"t hate ... its obedience to holiness. Demons would move in ..... no, no this is unacceptable.

So try not to use titles ... STATE the hate object for clarification purpose ... so I can understand the question correctly.
Vote Placed by DjDoug 6 months ago
DjDoug
miintyFollowerofChrist1955Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was a little too high and mighty they only looked down upon the opponents subject and instead of addressing the problem from a mutal stand point he was biased and refused to address his opponent directly