Should gay people be left alone

Gay people are like any other person. They eat, breathe & talk. Firstly, gay's have been pointed as sinful, disgusting humans, just because the bible says so. Of what I read of Homosexual bible versus...all it says is that it is an abomination . For some strange reason, everyone one says "God loves everybody"., And God does love everybody but for people who aren't for gays, they say "God loves every body", but then they go hate on gay people and say that God doesn't love you.

Those people that say that God doesnt love every one are not true Christians. They dont know what they are talking about. God loves everyone and that is why he gave us the Bible to instruct us on what is right and what is not right, so that one day their will be no more evil and sin, and we can all live with him in heaven. Being Gay is wrong and God will help those who are Gay to over come their temptations, and to turn away from their sin because God loves them. Being Gay is a sin, but it is also a choice. No one is born gay, people will aways be able to come up with excuses for their sin. People can make themselves believe whatever they want to, and until they put their strength and trust in God they will continue to be decieved by their own sin.

Ok, but the fact that you say it is a temptation! Some people are born gay, and its not always a choice. I don't believe that people are making themselves think that they are gay. I think that when creating human's, there were gay people in the process and God knew that. The bible was not written by God, we don't even know if some of the things in the bible are true, because no one is alive to prove it. I believe that many of the things in the Bible are of some people opinions. While the Bible in Genesis tells us that God made "male and female," does this really mean that all males and all females need to end up with opposite sex partners? "In the beginning, God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and Steve, nor Eve and Jane." Anti-gay Christian ministers have used this as a crux to grow the myth that homosexuality is "unnatural."

Romans 1:26 says:
For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

the bible was written by men who WERE INSPIRIDED by God, and it says that in the Bible, it also says this in Revelations 22:19:

testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. 20He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

God says that if anyone adds to the bible, saying that things are in it when their really not, that they arent real christians. You say that God made people Gay, but where is your proof. there is no way to prove that people were born gay.

You also say that we don't know that the Bible is true because their is no one around to prove it, but you believe that George Washington was the first president, yet you have no way to proove that besides your history book. We as Christians have the Bible as our History book to prove all that we believe is true.

My proof that people were born gay, is that I was born gay, my best friend, my uncle, my mom, and so many other people who will say so as well . I have been attracted to the same sex my while life. No one has influenced me, no one has forced me. I don't believe that George Washington was the first president, nor that Slavery was a thing. And you are right that I don't have proof that our history books are all true, but we do have documents and papers to prove some of it. I'm not sure how you believe in something that you have so little proof on. I thank you for your time to debate this topic with me. I enjoyed it!

JESUSisLORD forfeited this round.
Posted by JESUSisLORD 2 months ago
yeaaahhh, lol super sorry for being in this debate, i really hate the old me and im actually embarrassed to go back and read my retarded argument. i was so full of bullshiz
Posted by Kiah 10 months ago
Meant to say misunderstood
Posted by Kiah 10 months ago
Sorry, I should have said "you should not be allowed to state something you know not much about". Actually, I do., Because I am and I was. I also find it strange that you would say we know the same amount of info on this. That is EXTREMELY insulting, I'm Canadian so I speak fluent English. And the fact that you are comparing me to a HANDICAPPED person?!

Sure you can turn around and force yourself to like the other sex, but I doubt that many people are going to force them selves to love someone that they don't love. No matter what sex they choose to date, their still going to love and be attracted to the same sex.
I may of understood but are you saying people are usually gay because of parenting issues? I don't think that parents have much of an influence on what their kids gender preference is. Honestly, little boys who want to wear dresses and wear and do "girly" things and the same for girls, usually turn out to be trans. Since science has not proved anything yet you cant say that people AREN'T born gay
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
I think it's easily possible some people are born gay. I don't see what the big deal is. I also think some people are influenced in their lives in a way that makes them gay. It could even be something like a pirn addiction, and I've met gay people who basically described why they became gay as being through porn. I mean, there's no blanket statement for why people are gay. Some people are born gay, some are influenced into becoming gay, and some people probably just try it out to be rebellious. There's a lot of possibilities, and none of them actually matter in the end.
Posted by AngryBlogger 10 months ago
Kiah, you completely misread everything I had to say.

Also "you are not allowed to state something you know not much about" is an insult, and is false. I can completely state what I want as I know about the topic I am discussing. You have a reading comprehensions first and foremost, and you yourself do not know much about "being born gay" as only scientist would know the most as they have done studies on this, so unless you are a scientist, you only know about as much as me with the exception you think that you are born gay, and have a different perception if you will of said being born gay when it's clear that you have never been from the outside looking in, and rather remain steadfast on this subject.

You do not have my vote once this is over, and I'm going to make that clear with you as 1: you insulted me and my intelligence while at the same time contradicting your own self in the next sentence. 2: Are getting your facts wrong and not really looking at the picture from the outside and refuse to.

Again, I will clarify and try to make this more simple so you can understand (gonna assume you are not a native English speaker, so lets make this easy that even a mentally handicapped person god bless their soul can read this and understand).

Being gay is an choice. You are not born gay. You are born human with the choice of being gay or straight. It's always a choice because you can turn the other way, run from your true desires and force yourself to like the opposite sex although you'll never be unhappy. That's the choice. Obviously, you will remain gay, but the choice is always there. Growing up and having a strong preference for the same sex can be boiled down to a couple of reasoning's due to parenting issues (speaking of dressing young boys up as girls, those types of issues).

Going back to the word "choice". i gave the definition. I stand by the definition. Science has not proved anything yet, so you can't say being born gay is real and ITS NOT.
Posted by Kiah 10 months ago
Dear AngryBlogger. Unless you are gay, you don't really understand how it works. You are not allowed to state something that you know not much about. I said SOME gay people, not ALL gay people. And it can be a choice. When I say you are born gay, that means you like men. You're not being forced. You cant be born gay then not like men. Then you wouldn't be gay.

If that person was dating a woman, then decided to date men. That would not make him gay. That would make him Bisexual because he is still attracted to woman.
Posted by AngryBlogger 10 months ago
Pro is incorrect when he says "some people are born gay". There is no 100% evidence to support that claim, nor has there been any made.

Personally, I think people are NOT BORN GAY. Technically it's a choice above all. If you say otherwise, you shouldn't be debating this.

Basic definition of choice "the act of choosing : the act of picking or deciding between two or more possibilities.".

With that definition alone, by default, liking another man, or woman is a choice. You are not forced to be with another man, or woman. Sure you might not ever love the opposite sex, and be attracted, but the point is you can turn away from what you truly desire.

Example.. I'm straight. HOWEVER, if I wanted to, I could go with another guy (I wouldn't like it obviously, or be attracted) but it's a choice to turn away from my true desires of loving a woman. It's a choice.

What about guys who are straight their into lives, have a bad break up, and then go gay because of it and end up being attracted to the males after all? You would have to say every gay is born gay, but it's impossible, and the definition of choice makes it even more so.

Again, my young skywalker, turn away from the dark side, do not give into the temptations of the darkness for it is great. Sure you might not like the light side, nor will you ever, but the choice is there.
Posted by Jbeans 10 months ago
If being gay is a choice, then that must mean straight people can just as easily choose to be with someone of the same sex. There's no evidence whatsoever that shows people have the choice to just switch it up whenever they feel like it. I'm pretty sure if it was a choice then nobody would risk getting discriminated against, or even killed for it.
Posted by Jonbonbon 10 months ago
Reformist, there's no need to demonize someone who was actually fairly respectful. Just because he hasn't read the study doesn't mean he's intentionally lying to everyone.
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Con flat out lied. People are born gay. Accoriding the the National Psychology Association which have more of a say than your God
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't forfeit any rounds, but Con forfeited 1 round. Therefore, Pro wins conduct.