SoggyTofu
minddrag

Should gays be allowed to marry?

minddrag

SoggyTofu

Pro

I believe homosexuals and bisexuals etc. should be allowed to marry, as in the bible, it says "Love is love." Homosexuals and bisexuals etc. are people as well. Although the bible does say that homosexuality is a sin, it also says that haircuts are a sin.
minddrag

Con

I have already been debating this topic, so I have a bit of experience on this debate. I would like to tart by stating that these are not my personal opinions, it is for the sake of debate.

First off, what is marriage intended to be. Marriage is Defined as the legal recognition of a man and a women married under a church, usually. This means that the marriage is performed under the church. Now the church has certain rules, which states that gay marriage is not part of the church. If you want to be in the church, you cannot have gay marriage. Now how can you justifiably argue that the church should be forced to allow gays to marry? That's like telling a women's club they must admit men, or a sailboat club must admit motor boats. This is just not acceptable. If the church, a closed club, will only admit people that it deems will follow its rules, then it should only have to accept those people, not anyone else. This is why gay marriage should not be legal, as it forces the church to recognize and ordain, gay marriages.

My next point is, we are teaching our children that this is right, it is normal. This is in some opinions not correct. If the primary goal of a species is to reproduce, and homosexuals are not reproducing, there must be a flaw in their genetic code that allows this to happen. It is simply not normal, nor scientifically explainable that homosexuality is normal within the confines of the human race. It also exposes our young impressionable children to possibly harmful material. Have you not seen the pride parades, with men and women with little to no clothes on? How can this be deemed fit to our children? Allowing these people to marry and be deemed normal in society, will encourage this type of behavior. If we encourage our children to not reproduce, in the long stretch, we may run out of mating pairs (not likely at all but oh well). How can we allow the human race to degrade this far?

I understand most of this is homophobic and I apologize to all reading it. This is only for the sake of debate and it hurts me to write this, but debating is fun so why not! Thank you and I look forward to your reply.
SoggyTofu

Pro

SoggyTofu forfeited this round.
SoggyTofu

Pro

SoggyTofu forfeited this round.
minddrag

Con

In conclusion marriage is defined as the legal recognition of a man and a women married under a church, usually. This means that the marriage is performed under the church. Now the church has certain rules, which states that gay marriage is not part of the church. If you want to be in the church, you cannot have gay marriage.

We are teaching our children that this is right, it is normal. This is in some opinions not correct. If the primary goal of a species is to reproduce, and homosexuals are not reproducing, there must be a flaw in their genetic code that allows this to happen. It is simply not normal, nor scientifically explainable that homosexuality is normal within the confines of the human race. It also exposes our young impressionable children to possibly harmful material.

It is for these reasons that this resolution must and will fall. Thank you
Posted by chancebershaw 9 months ago
chancebershaw
Gays should be aloud to marry.
Why? Well,did we ever make a law that gays can't be together?
People will be people.
Some have different beliefs, different liking's.
So when gay people want to get married is say"DO IT!".
Sorry if that was harsh.
Posted by CodingSource 9 months ago
CodingSource
Unfortunately, the Instigator is facing a Contender with a big brain. The guy is 28 years younger than him but can handle big topics in just one day.. The contender he's facing with has full of originality and straight to the point, whereas he doesn't need to read an article because when facing more than 10 debates in his hand that would take him 2 days before finishing reading those to secure the win. The debates that I should be debating in, the contender is already debating it.

My view on this point is this: the Instigator will have the advantage as, stated by many articles and blogs, the reasons for saying that this is harmful to society is one by one being busted. And the contender should use some sources to prove his point, because one of the questions being asked in the voting period is who among the debaters used reliable sources. They should not underestimate each other. The Instigator is a very experienced guy (by the age) and obviously can handle a lot of real life situations. The contender, on the other hand, tend to believe what he hears and sees on his own, and currently building his reputation as a teen, well-rounded, fast-thinking, and blooming debater.
Posted by CodingSource 9 months ago
CodingSource
I'll just watch it fly for a moment. Every reason for not legalizing this are already failing. In religion, it states that U.S.A is a secular nation and religion does not take part of it. So for me, instead of accepting this debate, I chose not to. My country didn't have this and who cares? I can't be able to state the cons of this thing. As I mentioned earlier, all reasons are one by one failing. I believe that the instigator, the pro, will win this by just going to the Huffington Post's article.

If the future contender can be able to win this by reading other articles that shows how homosexual marriages are harmful to society, by saying that one of its reasons is the child being raised will get a disadvantage compared to others that have biological parents, that it increases the risk of the spread of HIV, or that gays lower down the social status of women, he'll have that edge. I'm about to click the Accept the Challenge, but I believe I can't be able to do it for three rounds. For some other time, if I'm fully a capable debater, I would create this debate and made it a meaningful one.

Good luck to the debaters..........
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
SoggyTofuminddragTied
Reasons for voting decision: Two forfeited turns by Pro.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
SoggyTofuminddragTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.