124275
Prepare2Lose

Should genetic engineering be used?

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
01day16hours57minutes39seconds
Updated: 5 months ago Status: Voting Period

124275

Con

I hate genetic engineering.
Prepare2Lose

Pro

Yes it should. Here is my test I have done with genetic engineering and my successful results
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

And my favorite one yet.
http://tinyurl.com...
124275

Con

I only think that genetic engineering should be used to cure serious genetic diseases such as sister fibrosis which can massively reduce lifespan. But it shouldn't be used to make designer babies or to improve crops.
Prepare2Lose

Pro

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
124275

Con

People should vote on the usefulness of the argument not on their opinion. With this logic I should definitely win this one.
Prepare2Lose

Pro

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
124275

Con

124275 forfeited this round.
Prepare2Lose

Pro

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
124275

Con

124275 forfeited this round.
Prepare2Lose

Pro

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
Posted by andrewz61 6 months ago
andrewz61
Although at first the pros of genetic engineering may not be as apparent as the cons, upon further inspection, there are a number of benefits that we can only get if scientists consider to study and advance this particular branch of study. Here are just a few of the benefits:
1. Tackling and Defeating Diseases
Some of the most deadly and difficult diseases in the world, that have so resisted destruction, could be wiped out by the use of genetic engineering. There are a number of genetic mutations that humans can suffer from that will probably never be ended unless we actively intervene and genetically engineer the next generation to withstand these problems. For instance, Cystic Fibrosis, a progressive and dangerous disease for which there is no known cure, could be completely cured with the help of selective genetic engineering.
2. Getting Rid of All Illnesses in Young and Unborn Children
There are very many problems that we can detect even before children are born. In the womb, doctors can tell whether your baby is going to suffer from sickle cell anemia, for instance, or from Down "s syndrome. In fact, the date by which you can have an abortion has been pushed back relatively late just so that people can decide whether or not to abort a baby if it has one or more of these sorts of issues. However, with genetic engineering, we would no longer have to worry. One of the main benefit of genetic engineering is that it can help cure and diseases and illness in unborn children. All children would be able to be born healthy and strong with no diseases or illnesses present at birth. Genetic engineering can also be used to help people who risk passing on terribly degenerative diseases to their children.
For instance, if you have Huntington"s there is a 50% chance that your children with inherit the disease and, even if they do not, they are likely to be carriers of the disease. You cannot simply stop people from having children if they suffer from a disease like this,
Posted by KRTxBallistic 6 months ago
KRTxBallistic
I would accept, but I can't
Posted by lord_megatron 6 months ago
lord_megatron
I would like to take pro as moral causes are all useless