kizzet
lillawyer

Should girls be able to hit a guy and expect not to get hit back? (please speak in general context)

kizzet

Con

Simply stated, I will start off with the argument that although guys are generally physically stronger than women (There are few exceptions of course), many girls believe it is okay to hit a guy. I don't think guys should ever hit a girl without a good reason, but if a girl unintelligibly hits a guy who is stronger than her, like if a man picks a fight with a bear, you should expect consequences. It's ridiculous for girls to take advantage of the socially accepted fact that "guys shouldn't hit girls" and hit him without expecting to get hit back.
lillawyer

Pro

Girls have a specific way of showing a guy that they either like him or think he is cute. While guys may not understand most girls only playfully hit. Therefore there is no need for the guy to hit back with such force. Also even if the girl does hit him with the intent to hurt him, most guys are ten times stronger than most girls meaning that unless she was as strong as a guy it couldn't have effected you to the point where you need to punch her like a dude.
kizzet

Con

While I completely respect the attempt to justify a girl hitting a guy, you merely explained one situation where the girl hits the guy without the intent to hurt him, and the guy is oblivious to the fact that the girl was being "playful". In that case, the man was obviously just clueless. I was debating on the general statement that a girl should never hit a guy with the "expectation" that she shouldn't get hit back. In most cases, if a girl is just playing around, a guy isn't going to slug her. This is common sense. But then again, no matter the intent of the punch/hit/whatever, most women should think about the action before hand a little.

My original point still stands. If she were hitting him with the intent of hurting him even a little bit, is it justified just because she's a girl? Why shouldn't she get hit like a child gets hit if they do something bad. Consequences. Girls want to be equal. Act like it.
lillawyer

Pro

lillawyer forfeited this round.
kizzet

Con

kizzet forfeited this round.
lillawyer

Pro

As a guy if a girl hits you then you should be considerate of the amount of strength compared to the amount she has. Rather a girl is being playful or not the guy still has no right to hit her. Most likely the punch didn't hurt to the point where using your own physical strength against her was necessary. Therefor no guy nowhere has any right to hit a female even if she hit him first. Be the bigger MAN and take the pathetic hit like a MAN and don't be a little boy and hit her back.
kizzet

Con

You're failing to recognize the point of the argument. It is not "should I guy be allowed to hit a girl". I do not believe anyone should be hitting anyone in the first place. The argument is whether a girl should be allowed to hit a guy and not expect to get hit back. It's taking advantage of our "manliness" or whatever you'd like to call it, and acting like a spoiled brat. Women want to be "equal" but decide not to take responsibility. (Most women) There are plenty of respectable women. Just not as many as there are who feel the way you do.
lillawyer

Pro

I am very aware of the topic and yes girls should be allowed to hit a guy and expect not to be hit back for the simple reason that the guy should be the bigger man and walk away. Women asked for equality meaning same education and job opportunities, not to be punched like a dude.
kizzet

Con

Interesting. When you say "bigger man", you mean the "more mature" human being by not hitting the girl back. In that case, why shouldn't the girl be the intelligent human being and understand the difference in strength? Why can't the girl just not hit the guy? It's completely opposite of what it should be. A girl shouldn't hit a guy because she should understand that he is stronger than her. Not hit him because he "can't hit back". It's ridiculous. I believe your arguments haven't succeeded in furthering the argument in anyway.
lillawyer

Pro

Your lack of being open minded is what makes you think my arguments further your own. Now there comes a time when everybody slips up with a burst of anger and hits someone who stronger, for example if a girl hits a guy, it's a natural lapse of judgement. Even now there are some girls who refuse to believe that most guys are stronger than they are therefore, like any male species would do in this situation, they will show how big they truly think they are. Now the males job is to 1. either show how much stronger he is by grabbing her arms or wrists if another attempt is made or 2. walk away from a hit that really didn't affect him at all.
Posted by kizzet 2 years ago
kizzet
Gomergcc, I believe after looking at your previous debates, your comment is quite hypocritical.
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
I am over 200lbs and not a he man but I can hold my own in a fight. I know most men think that a woman can't do really do damage with out a weapon. My ex wife had a mean right hook. She was not even 130, real skinny woman. The double standard got be beat up many time for simply pushing her way so she could not hit me again. I have also know many women that are twice the size of a guy going you cant hit me back I am a girl. This debate could have really opened up this issue but both debaters were not up to talking about it in a real manner. Zero points to both
Posted by kwilson60 2 years ago
kwilson60
Guys should not hit girls. Girls should not hit guys. If a girl hits a guy he has the right to block her, but he should try to back away from the situation. He also should not try to antagonize her either. We are each responsible for our own behavior.
Posted by Tinman46 2 years ago
Tinman46
While I do not think a guy should ever hit a girl equally I believe a girl should never hit a guy. And girls should not hide behind the double standard that does exist and get slap happy with a guy. Simply put nobody should be hitting anybody.
Posted by Lightningstar 2 years ago
Lightningstar
A man who hits a woman is not a man.
Posted by semper_ad_meliora 2 years ago
semper_ad_meliora
Forgot... Additionally, the expectation of a woman who does not imagine herself getting hit is simply the expectation of honor. Forgivable in most cases I daresay.
Posted by semper_ad_meliora 2 years ago
semper_ad_meliora
While I see where you feel slighted at this double standard, I believe that it is the duty of the strong, ie man, to defend those that are weaker than he is. Self defense is an entirely acceptable conduct for all human beings insofar as they are truly threatened. While I am no he-man, I daresay that it is unlikely that I will find very many females that could seriously injure me without the use of a weapon of some type. The thought that a woman would take advantage of my honor in the way that kizzet has described could potentially happen, however I would most certainly reprimand said lady for her actions prior to restraining her. I say restraining because I would never hit her back. Onward then.
Posted by kizzet 2 years ago
kizzet
well its more than just that. Normally I wouldn't even hit a girl out of self defense, because I do respect the fact that girls are weaker and shouldn't be hit by males. The problem is the girls' mentality of thinking she can hit guys without consequence. It the "expectation" of not getting hit that I have the problem with.
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
100% Supportive of this debate.
Posted by ricky_mann 2 years ago
ricky_mann
I think that if girls hit guys they should VERY MUCH expect to get hit back because guys can't hit girls for no reason but if a girl hits a guy first then we guys get to hit back in SELF DEFENSE!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
kizzetlillawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is clearly trying to set up a debate about if a man can hit back to defend him self against domestic violence. Con could have done better to make that point; however, pro turned it in to a debate about play fighting. Pro completely disregards female against male domestic violence. Pro then uses insults and not a argument.