Leandra_Woodruff
Luke_Burdette

Should girls be able to play football? (in High School)

Started: 2/18/2016 Category: Sports

Leandra_Woodruff

Pro

I understand that playing football is very dangerous(sometimes deadly), and that guys think we are delicate and don't want us to get hurt. That being said, I LOVE to play football. I've played football for fun since 4th grade and I have scars for it that I don't regret getting from playing football. I think that they need to realize that girls are tough like guys too. I'm aware that playing football can include a chance of having multiple concussions. If I know what I'm risking, then let me play.
Luke_Burdette

Con

You play football as a girl, and are able to compete at a level equal to boys. At a young age, elementary school, that is okay I think. Neither sex has developed enough to gain advantage over the other, however, past elementary school, boys start to get a natural advantage over girls. As a result they are stronger and faster than the average girl. Yes, there are girls that are just as strong as guys, but that isnt true for most girls. Guys are just naturally built to be stronger. If a girl can prove herself enough to play as well as the boys, then maybe you have a legitimate argument, but not every girl can do that. Letting girls as an entire group play football with boys would be a mistake because girls would get hurt easily, and the game wouldnt be played to its fullest potential because the males would not want to hurt the females. When it is just men, there is no holding back. However, letting individual girls play because they are above the average female, I might be able to support that.
Leandra_Woodruff

Pro

Leandra_Woodruff forfeited this round.
Luke_Burdette

Con

Luke_Burdette forfeited this round.
Leandra_Woodruff

Pro

Leandra_Woodruff forfeited this round.
Luke_Burdette

Con

Luke_Burdette forfeited this round.