Hfiorella18
EthyWoo

Should girls be able to play football with boys?

Hfiorella18
Started: 2/13/2015 Category: Sports

Hfiorella18

Pro

I think girls should be given the chance to play football with boys
EthyWoo

Con

Challenge accepted.

Okay first Soccer, American football or Australian football, which one are we talking about.

Also at what level? School? Armature level? Professional level?

Include that info in your opening argument and we are good to go.
Hfiorella18

Pro

American football. Highschool football
EthyWoo

Con

American football is a very high contact sport and I believe men are far to big, strong and fast to play in the same league as females, imagine the female body taking the full force of a hit from a male, not good.

Regardless women would not make the cut for the teams, men a naturally more athletic and very few girls will ever be included in a team.
Hfiorella18

Pro

I agree that a lot of women would not be included on a team. On the other hand I believe women should be able to play if they meet the teams requirements which several girls in my school including myself could.
EthyWoo

Con

I agree with you for the most part however

There are massive risks when a girl decides to play sport with men, not so much below the age of 14 but especially after that the size and power of the two gender are on different levels and surely injury would ensue.

How would it go down if a girl where to break her back after being tackled in a match against other boys?

In Australia, girls are allowed to play A.F.L with the boys up to the age of 12 after that it's just not safe to mix genders, gender separation in sport is purely for safety reason and ability reasons, better to have a girls league in my opinion.
Hfiorella18

Pro

There are massive risks to playing football but that is a girls individual choice. If she happens to break her back, she decided to play, she will have to pay the price. Every girl that plays or wants to play football knows what she is getting into.
EthyWoo

Con

Very good I totally agree with you.

But oh bot if they let a girl on the team and she makes a mistake and costs them the game there would be an uprising! XD
Hfiorella18

Pro

That's why she will have all pre-season to learn and perfect the game
EthyWoo

Con

Haha I meant that as a joke, I was imagining a hillbilly all like "y's dat der girl even on da team, sports arnet for girls"

But no I agree with you, it wouldn't be realistic on a professional level but defiantly in lower high school.
Skill level should be the only pre-requisit
Vote Placed by RavenDebater 2 years ago
RavenDebater
Hfiorella18EthyWooTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded defeat