That_girl23
Fereska

Should girls play football

Fereska
Started: 8/16/2013 Category: Sports

That_girl23

Pro

I am a girl who plays football. Yes all girls can play, I'm a linemen or in my case line women. To make it even better I start for my high school team. Saying a girl can't plat is wrong we are just as good as anyone els.
Fereska

Con

Before accepting this challenge I waited for some time to see if anyone else would take it, but most of them wrote in the comments that the topic was too vague and I agree with them. Nevertheless I accepted your challenge and will debate you on the topic :)

In 1999, the WPFL had its first women's only football match in the US; today, many countries across the world in all the continents have accepted this way of letting women play in professional women's only leagues. So I don't know what you mean by " Should girls play football" because they already do, everywhere across the world, from professionally in stadiums with real fans, to casually in high school and college.

Therefore, the only way I see this as a real debate is if you mean "Should girls play football with men in professional leagues" , and if that is your topic then I am 100% against it. That's where we can have a debate.

Please specify and give more details about the topic :)
That_girl23

Pro

Yes this is about should women play with men in football game. I play on a high school team and have never gotten hurt at practice or in a game. I am living proof girls can with stand the hits on the field. I have never gone up against another girl, I'm the only one on my team too.
Fereska

Con

I don't want to seem rude or anything but I as a man who watches a lot of football on a daily basis and is a big Arsenal fan, I wouldn't want to watch a mixed team instead of watching my favorite team with my favorite players in it.

I think Women professional leagues is entertaining to watch sometimes. However, I wouldn't be happy if they replaced the current Arsenal team and added some female players into the bunch, in my opinion it would destroy the sport.

Just because you haven't been injured in a couple of games doesn't mean that no one gets injured. I don't mean that men can handle the pain of a broken ankle or a bloody face more than a woman could, but having males and females on the same team wouldn't be nice for the people who watch it and the players.

Why do women want to prove themselves to men?

There cant be male and female mixed teams in professional football teams because women don't have the same build. Feminists have to admit it, males have a bigger more muscular build than females do, its just how we are born, we cant change that. I'm positive that the guys in your football team tread carefully when playing close to you, more than they would when playing with another guy.

Not everything is meant to be shared, sports is one of them.
That_girl23

Pro

That_girl23 forfeited this round.
Fereska

Con

Good debate ;)

But before I end this argument I would like to sum up all the points I have made in the course of this debate...

1/ Girls already play professional football and are watched on tv.

2/ Their stadium isnt less than any other stadium in the world

3/ However they shouldnt be playing football with men for some reasons, among others, that they don't have the same muscle formation in the body as men do, thus causing many more severe injuries. The guys on the team would have a hard time concentrating in the sport while also focusing on not hitting a women by mistake.

4/ Not everything is meant to be shared, football is one of them

I would like to thank my opponent for this intersting debate :)
Posted by Fereska 3 years ago
Fereska
The voting period will end in 2014 -.- seriously
Posted by Fereska 3 years ago
Fereska
I do believe that women should play football and they already do, but I dont think they should play football in the same games with men.
Posted by alexiskay1110 3 years ago
alexiskay1110
I like the points you both make, and here's my take on it. If you take a 250 lb. man who can bench-press more than that, against a 160 lb female (whose body is not built with the more developed muscles necessary to play professional football), I don't think it would be the wisest of choices. This is not a sexism issue, men are simply built stronger than women. They also have testosterone which increasing competitive and violence in sports; which could be very dangerous for women. I believe women could play professionally against other women however.
Posted by thsrbwls 3 years ago
thsrbwls
I can't get it can you clarify it? By the way I am thinking I've got nothing to argue
Posted by Flipbook 3 years ago
Flipbook
I was going to accept this debate, until I found out that its too off topic. Do you mean girls can play in the NFL and College football, where only boys play? Or do you mean girls can play football.
Posted by Flipbook 3 years ago
Flipbook
Posted by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
I'd like a clarification. Which one of these are you debating?

1. Girls should be able to play football recreationally (not necessarily on a sports team) without restriction.
2. Girls should be able to try out for football teams without any gender-based restrictions.
3. Schools should actively be putting girls in football teams.
4. Society should encourage girls to play football.
5. Other
Posted by D.Wolf 3 years ago
D.Wolf
Can you elaborate more on exactly what you mean by "should play football".
Posted by QandA 3 years ago
QandA
Although it may not be the case now (although it undoubtedly is in a lot of situations), I feel that the desire for women wanting to play football comes from the whole feminist movement and wanting to prove that they can do anything a man can do rather than genuine interest in the sport. Look back to even 50-60 years ago, the idea of a woman playing football then was completely unheard of but as the feminist movement has grown so has women's interest to do man-like things but this only comes from the desire to prove a point. Granted there are some women who play that are generally interested in the sport but there's others who aren't and just want to try and prove that they can do a manly activity as good as a man. I'm not saying that women shouldn't play football I'm just saying that that's a silly reason for a woman to play football.
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
That_girl23FereskaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
That_girl23FereskaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't feel like an explanation is needed here.