abinizzie
Zacivillian

Should girls who like MLP be called bronies?

Started: 2/10/2016 Category: TV

abinizzie

Pro

I am aware that girl MLP lovers are called pegasisters, but can they be bronies as well? Please don't put "What is MLP?" in the comments, because then you'll just look stupid. This is something I am really wondering. Please give good reasons, not trashy ones. Thanks!
BROHOOF
/)
Zacivillian

Con

Well, first of all the term MPL Bronies is widely know as being a nickname for BROS who watch MLP. As you can see in the word "Bronies," there is a prefix "Bro" which, if you refer to the Definitions, it states that Bro is short for Brother or a male friend. Brother being the male sibling is obviously not a girl so therefor you cannot make the term "Bronies" be ok to use with girls too. It is a very unique word that has a very unique definition. and if you start using it, then it will be wrong because girls are girls and boys and boys as BROS.

Definitions:
MLP- "My little pony" tv show.
Bro- short for Brother;a male friend (often used as a form of address).

References:
google.com
dictionary.com

P.S if my argument doesn't make sense, I'm sorry about it.
abinizzie

Pro

I see that you take the term "brony" quite tightly, but most girl MLP lovers have brony status because they contribute just as much art and music, etc. Also, typically the MLP fandom is refered to as the "Brony Fandom." You see many more I AM A BRONY shirts than I AM A PEGASISTER shirts. Most fan-made films have the name brony in the title or are the main focus, but still feature women.
Just take a look on youtube. Go watch Pony University. It's seriously catchy and prooves a good point, plus is hilarious.

Sorry if my points are weak/have little backup research. Also spelling errors.
This is my first heated debate.
Zacivillian

Con

Zacivillian forfeited this round.
abinizzie

Pro

I am not sure if you forfeited this round because you have no reasons or if you decided that I won, but if you did decide that I have more reasons than you, please say so. Thank you!
Zacivillian

Con

Zacivillian forfeited this round.
abinizzie

Pro

abinizzie forfeited this round.
Zacivillian

Con

Zacivillian forfeited this round.
abinizzie

Pro

abinizzie forfeited this round.
Zacivillian

Con

Zacivillian forfeited this round.
Posted by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 1 year ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
@BlazingRodent: MLP is the new battleground for gender identity. Prepare for (even more) androgynous cartoons and episodes with moral dilemmas about which stall to use to drop manure.
Posted by BlazingRodent 1 year ago
BlazingRodent
@Diarrhea: Yeah, Con has this in the bag unless Pro can run a miracle semantic, in which that would still be hard.
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Pro asks a question. Con answers it.

And we have 4 more rounds of ... What, exactly?