Twicket42113
jlara00

Should god be taken out of the pledge of alligence

jlara00

Twicket42113

Pro

My friend is Hindu and i'm Christian so i want my friend to feel like his religion is respected
jlara00

Con

Ok I just want to say that anything I say in this is not meant to be racist/religious.

Why change the Pledge when it has been that way for so many years? All because one person feels his religion is not respected. The pledge was written in 1892 by a socialist minister. God was added in there in 1954 by President Eisenhower. The pledge is meant for the united states to stand together. If you are christian then you would understand how taking God out would offend christians because they would feel they weren't respected anymore. So are you saying you are willing to offend a religion that is bigger than Hindu just because of your friend not feeling like his religion is respected?
Twicket42113

Pro

Twicket42113 forfeited this round.
jlara00

Con

No argument back? ok, I will make this short and base it off of the comments.

I am interested in knowing how his religion is being disrespected. Not only does this confuse me but it also confuses other people. Also you said that it is disrespecting nearly 2 million people. That isn't telling us anything. I have never heard someone say that because their religion isn't in the pledge it is being disrespected. Until now I guess. Anyway short and sweet and I hope voters take this into consideration that he isn't answering any questions about how it is offensive and he doesn't state any facts only things he thinks will help him win.
Twicket42113

Pro

Twicket42113 forfeited this round.
jlara00

Con

Again no argument so I am assuming he gave up? This isn't much of a debate more of me just listing reasons why he is wrong.

My final argument is going to be simple. God has been in the Pledge for years lets leave it alone. Thank you and I hope everyone has a great day!

(Thank you again for the debate and I hope you vote for me)
Posted by NyQcaui 2 years ago
NyQcaui
This has nothing to do with god being in the pledge. The part of god that offends people are what they believe their god does vs yours.
Posted by ruealex 2 years ago
ruealex
It's not just one person that is going to feel disrespected here. We're talking about more than nearly 2 million.
Posted by jlara00 2 years ago
jlara00
I don't think that it is wrong because you can't just put all religions into the pledge. You can't really take one out that has been in there for more than 50 years either. So to me this isn't even hard to argue but I can see that for some other people that they might believe something different. Again not being racist/religious just saying that I can see how it can effect other people.
Posted by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
It's not about offense so much as secularism.
Posted by Nuzlocke4 2 years ago
Nuzlocke4
How is his religion be disrespected?
Vote Placed by 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA 2 years ago
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Twicket42113jlara00Tied
Reasons for voting decision: S+g terrible on both parts. Misuse of punctuation and capitalization were rampant with both debaters. Conduct to Con for thanking opponent despite opponent being horrendously poor at debating and forfeiting all rounds. Arguments to Con as only Con raised any and Pro refuted none of them.