bhasker2000goel
mostlogical

Should grades be abolished

mostlogical

bhasker2000goel

Pro

Grades should be abolished because they demotivate children towards studies.
An extra-ordinary student or someone intelligent student would it totally against the students of intelligent class. It is like giving some special treatment to a majority of students. If I had been HRD Minister, my first work would have been replacing this grading system.
mostlogical

Con

I agree with you, the grading system is a joke; children experience too much stress as a result of it especially when given too much homework. A lot of times I'd to do the bare minimum due to the amount I had, so it was pointless being graded every time. The combination of too much homework and grading can cause students to lose interest.

However, the reason why children are so anti-homework is because they want to avoid being told off. They simply don't understand that it is for their benefit. By being given a grade they can see how well they are doing, and can know how much more effort is required to get the final grade they seek.

If grades were simply abolished, no-one would take homework seriously. The solution is to give students the option to get their homework graded by putting a sticker inside their book, or to place their work in a separate pile. They deserve respect. The only subject where grades should be compulsory is Maths because grading is mathematical, and a maths teacher can get students excited about getting their homework graded.

I think most children would want their homework graded if they knew it was for their benefit, if they got low grades they would be more likely to ask for help.

I look forward to your response
bhasker2000goel

Pro

bhasker2000goel forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

my points stand
bhasker2000goel

Pro

bhasker2000goel forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

please vote Con
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
bhasker2000goelmostlogicalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture