Shawnewise
kyro90

Should gum be allowed in school

kyro90

Shawnewise

Pro

Gum should be allowed in school.
kyro90

Con

Interesting Topic.

Shawnewise

Pro

Gum should be allowed in school, studies have shown that gum help your brain keep focused and alert. Why would we not want our students to keep focused, i would. For example, if you have noticed while waching sports, most of the players chew gum, because as i said it keeps then alert. This can improve your work and your grade.
kyro90

Con

Rebuttals

"Gum should be allowed in school, studies have shown that gum help your brain keep focused and alert."

It does not all the time. People can play with their gum. Stretch it out. Yes they will be focused but not alert and the only thing they will be focused on is how far their gum can be stretched.

For example, if you have noticed while waching sports, most of the players chew gum, because as i said it keeps then alert. This can improve your work and your grade.

This is irrelevant because we are talking about school. Not sports on a television.

Arguments

Messy

Gum can be messy. In fact, its one of the most disgusting things you can see in school. If you put it under your desk, as many people have done, it will not only ruin the desk but will make the school have to buy a new one, which I'm sure when the money stacks and people continue to place gum under desks, It will be A LOT of money

Cost

The cost of gum is not very expensive. But, The amounts children are chewing is quite extraordinary. People can chew through a whole box of gum in just one school day. Thus, They would want to go to the store and buy another pack which costs around one dollar.
Shawnewise

Pro

The example I have stated is only an EXAMPLE I did not only talk about the sports only. And the people who strecth out there gum and stick it under the desk is very immature and quite disgusting. IN addition Why is you hands even under the desk, so that is irrelevent. Also the school costodians, are paid plent money, I heard some costodians at school get paid more than some teachers. So i believe they can get clean the gum.

When you fist walk into the class room the first thing you see is not the gum under the table, and not every one will be that immature to even put it under the table. Gum is very healthy, It protects you teeth and make them stronger, also research show that chewing gum can decrease your risk of a heart attack, and relive stomach aches. What messed up school do you go to, The kids, chew gum and put it under the dest, they chew a whole box of gum in a day. IT just does not make sense, Only if you are mentally ill, but im not trying to diss, but.... Some boxess of gum have more than 26 peices so chewing that a day of 7 hours is not normal, or the gum must be very cheap gum. So your resources are not very reliable.
kyro90

Con

People still do it in school thus, it is something that happens in school. People could possibly be cleaning dirt off of their pants or texting under the desk. That could be why they put their hands under the desk. Only SOME custodians and it is very rare.

People dont have heart attacks in school nor stomach aches that are severe. It is again, very rare. Not all gum is healthy. Most gum just rot your teeth. "What messed up school do you go to, The kids, chew gum and put it under the dest, they chew a whole box of gum in a day." You clearly are not understanding that these are scenarios and things that happen in everyday life. While you say I have horrible resources, you dont even have any. All you say is that "Study shows" I could say that too. I could even say "Osama wants" and people would believe me. They could not be smart people, but they are people. Thus, you do not have very reliable resources.

Argument

Gum is bad for many types of people. What if a child has some kind of disease that prevents them from chewing gum because there is a certain ingrediant in the gum that causes an alergy? What if the child has braces? I remember from my experiance, that you are not allowed to chew gum while you have braces. Someone who doesnt know these conditions but constantly supplies the children with gum could seriously hurt them.
Shawnewise

Pro

Please explain Why would cleaning dirt off your pants, lead to putting your hands under the desk. The desk bottom is not so close to pants, so the point you made was a useless point. Your not even supposed to be texting in class anyway, so the first points you made were extremely foolish. IT is also foolish to use my quotes in you debate just to find a point to make... FOOLISH

I did not state that you can have a heart attack during class, I stated that, it REDUSES the risk, that is two completely different things. Also I did not say that all gum is healthy , I said MOST gum. I chew all types of gum, and I have never came across one that rots your teeth, maybe it rots your teeth if you chew large amounts 24/7, But this is about school only.

COUNTER ARGUEMENTS

"Someone who doesn't know these conditions but constantly supplies the children with gum could seriously hurt them."

I never said that anyone applies them with gum, it is allowed. Just like it is allowed to wear red shirts, that doesn't mean we supply it. The students apply their own gum, the school just allows them to eat it, they don't supply. If the student is allergic or has braces then why does she have the gum in the first place. Point conceded

\
kyro90

Con

I'm only giving ideas as to how people would move their hands to the bottom of their desks. This debate has nothing to do about arguing if its right to text during class or not, its only an idea. Also, I am only quoting what you say to rebut it.

Even though they are two different things, they still wont have one during school. Like I reminded you a few times, this is whether gum should be allowed it SCHOOL.

I never said that this person with braces or an allergy has gum. I said that a person without these conditions that doesn't know the person they are giving gum to has braces or allergies, then they could be in serious harm.

In conclusion, Gum should not be allowed in school for many of the reasons such as messiness, dangers, and things like constant use and costs.

VOTE CON
Posted by kyro90 4 years ago
kyro90
Im fine Renji. And Bossy, Lol! No. She isnt a prostitute.
Posted by renji_abarai 4 years ago
renji_abarai
No kyro! You just missed a perfect opening in the very beginning. -_-. You could have set all the rules and rounds to your advantage and you your chance of winning would increase.
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
She looks like a prostitute.
Posted by kyro90 4 years ago
kyro90
Why do you ask lol?
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
What is that picture...
Vote Placed by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
Shawnewisekyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really explain why having gum in school is needed, and if he did, then Con disproved it. Overall, Con provided many reasons to as why gum is harmful in a school environment.
Vote Placed by AlextheYounga 4 years ago
AlextheYounga
Shawnewisekyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: You both don't really have that great of an argument but con wins because he at least makes a point.