Chacham
eyeballsac

Should gun control go into effect

Chacham

Con

If we were to pass a law that takes away the rights for American citizens to own and purchase guns then the world will be in serious conflict. Weapons do not kill people and anyone who tells you different is a fool who believes criminals will no longer illegally get the weapons that they now use. To say that they will abide by the law that will take place you do not know the men and women in this period of time. And soon when good people realize this they to will find some means of getting protection for their family. All awhile the government will say that they will protect us when the understand that we will have to depend on them more and that is when the real problems come into effect; they will take other rights that we so long depended on and thought as the American outline. The Deceleration will be obliterated and Marshall Law will come into play. My final statement would be if you agreed with this law how would your children act scared of not being able to protect themselves from this world.
eyeballsac

Pro

I believe that gun control should go in effect.

"Weapons do not kill people and anyone who tells you different is a fool who believes criminals will no longer illegally get the weapons that they now use."

While this may be true, do you really want to make it easier for people to get guns?

"And soon when good people realize this they to will find some means of getting protection for their family."

The gun laws are not going to mean that people will be unable to obtain guns. It will just be regulated. The magazine size will be smaller. Unless you are planning on a widespread attack, do yu really need huge mag sizes?

"All awhile the government will say that they will protect us when the understand that we will have to depend on them more and that is when the real problems come into effect; they will take other rights that we so long depended on and thought as the American outline."

There's not much fact behind this assumption, it looks more like an opinion. I would need some factual evidence as to why this would happen.

"The Deceleration will be obliterated and Marshall Law will come into play."

Again, I would need some factual evidence as to why this would come into play.

"My final statement would be if you agreed with this law how would your children act scared of not being able to protect themselves from this world."

I wasnt too sure on what you meant by this, but it looks like you are trying to use guilt by making people believe that adults and children would no longer be able to protect themselves. As I stated before, the laws for gun control will not make it so that you cannot obtain a gun, it will just provide things like background checks and smaller mag sizes. This may not stop criminals from getting guns, it would just make it that much harder for them to.
Chacham

Con

While your point of view makes since and I respect most of what you are saying I have to disagree with the guidelines you are trying to say. First I agree with the your point about "do you really want to make it easier for people to get guns?' that is not the idea that I was trying to say. But the smaller magazines I disagree, the size and amount of bullets able to be held in the magazine was the right size for the protection that you need. They are not for widespread attacks but maximum protection. And that is not what they are just talking about with the gun controls; it also has to do with how much guns you can purchase and bullets. It's not only for protection but hunting as well and many other uses. As for the factual evidence you just need to look at the reports and what has happened before when governments and kings tried to change ruling to fit the need of the people but what was really itself. It's not really factual evidence when you deal what is going to happen; you have to rely on the past and use your initiative for the future. Suppose a cup was falling from a table now you can stand their and hope for the best or you can put a stop to it; There is a fifty-fifty chance that it will not break but what would you prefer. The final point to my argument is this you let people take a step and the take a mile, maybe they will not ask for more laws maybe they will but it was signed in the Declaration for citizens to be able to protect are selves and by the gun control it will soon be more difficult for people to get guns. You see it by the way senators are talking and the way the government is acting. And yes I was trying to guilt people not only to stop these laws but think deeply about what may happen in the next ten our even thirty years from now.
eyeballsac

Pro

But the smaller magazines I disagree, the size and amount of bullets able to be held in the magazine was the right size for the protection that you need.

While I am unsure as to the exact number of bullets you will be able to have in a magazine after these laws, the "right size" may differ from person to person. Also, if you feel as if there is not enough bullets, then you could go to a local shooting range and increase your aiming skills. Many gun ranges allow you to rent a wide variety of guns on site for use in their range.

I would also like to state that guns are not your only way of protecting yourself, which is one of the problems that you are arguing about. There are many different ways that you can do this. For example, training in hand to and combat, knife and blade training, archery, investing in an anti-burglary system in your home, etc. Guns don't need to be your only asset.

I will go to say that I do not know much about hunting, but like in my previous paragraph, I am using common sense to see that there are other ways to hunt rather than just guns. The first thing that comes to mind is archery, traps, throwing knives, etc. You could use a mizture of these options in addition to guns, if it is just hunting that is the problem.

Chacham

Con

Have you ever heard a saying don't bring a gun to a knife fight, while it is true that you could learn to shoot arrows or use a knife what good would that be. Archery takes really good skill and guns can be really used by any kind of person. Whether they are good or not; also hand to hand combat will take years to be even good enough to stop a man with a gun. Now I know their are people with this kind of ability but look how long that took them to master the skills that they know. Besides there are allot of people who are too old are not fit enough to be able to challenge their body. Also a burglary system does not necessarily stop them from coming in and hurting someone it just allows a less time for them to attack, or still some objects from you. And finally with your statement about " you could go to a local shooting range and increase your aiming skills." That is an expensive request yes if it was to come in affect you would say that since you do not need as much bullets as you use to have it will increase the money you will have; this is true but you do not always have to use your bullets right away and you do not have to be good like some people are just naturally not. If you have the same amount of bullets you have now you have an increase to hit your target, for what if they illegally get more bullets in order to hit you without being as accurate.
eyeballsac

Pro

eyeballsac forfeited this round.
Chacham

Con

Chacham forfeited this round.
eyeballsac

Pro

eyeballsac forfeited this round.
Chacham

Con

Chacham forfeited this round.
eyeballsac

Pro

I am posting this sentence so that I do not forfeit this round. Sadly, I do not have the time to debate at this moment .
Posted by THEBASKINGDEERHUNTER24 3 years ago
THEBASKINGDEERHUNTER24
Eyeballsac, you have no idea what hunting is! Yes, people bow hunt, but you can't throw knives at deer, I'v hunted all my life, unless you are hunting small game, snares won't ever work. It isn't fair that people who have no idea what they are talking about get to vote on guns. Have you ever actually been hunting or shot one?
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
Hey, I'm not American. Are there any physical checks to ensure you still have the gun you purchased 5 years prior? If not, could you buy 20 guns then sell them on the black market illegally?