august55433
JCDenton12345

Should guns be allowed in peoples homes?

august55433

august55433

Pro

I do believe that guns should be able to be in a household without there being extreme cautions by the government. It is our 2nd amendment right, and we should not have that taken away from us. It isn't like people that have guns, are freaks and want to go around killing people. If you are in your home, and someone breaks in, what is your top priority? Your survival. Possibly your family's survival too. If the situation is dire, the only way you might be able to save yourself and your family, would be to show that you have a weapon and that they should leave. What about those stories with old people getting mugged? what if they had a firearm and whipped that thing out. I'm pretty sure that they would leave that person alone, so the old person would walk away safely. So with all these pros, and the fact that it is amendment in the constitution, shouldn't we be able to keep that right instead of these nut jobs that are trying to take that away?
JCDenton12345

Con

I think guns should be banned you know all the killing that goes on in the world and guns kill people plus if the person is unexpanded then that would lead into something devastating injury or death thought this is coming for a hunter I disagree
august55433

Pro

Yes, there is a lot of killing in the world. But that has nothing to do specifically with guns being in the home. If you banned guns, there will still be bad people with guns. Think off it like this, marijuana is illegal yes? Well even though its illegal, bad people still get it. Do good people illegally get marijuana? No, because they are good people so they don't break the law. Now apply that to guns. If you make them illegal, you are only taking them away from good people. Either way, bad people will get the guns some how. Its only the people who wouldn't get them through the black market, that your taking guns away from. So now you have a society that is full of bad people with guns, and good people without them... That seems like a dangerous society to me. A criminal doesn't care if guns are illegal, they will still use them anyway. Your just taking them away from law abiding citizens. If someone breaks into my house, I would want to protect myself. That's coming from a hunter also.
JCDenton12345

Con

I understand were you are coming from so I think this way not I think that they should be allowed but this is my first debate on here and I have to say its good
august55433

Pro

What? So you are saying that you think they should be allowed now?
JCDenton12345

Con

yes you have persuaded me into believing guns don't kill people humans do they just make it easier
august55433

Pro

All right then, and yes you do bring up a good point (and ill say this just to keep it going) but it is people who kill , not guns! If you don't think that, then i suppose spoons make people fat? Then pencils misspell words, and cars drive drunk? No! Its the people behind the guns that are killing. I suppose we should ban hands because they could be used to kill someone. The government just needs to focus on the people instead of the guns.
JCDenton12345

Con

JCDenton12345 forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Guns kill people? I have yet to see a gun jump up and kill anyone.The police are not first responders. The victim is.Most times all the police do is come in and clean up the mess.The second amendment gives the homeowner the right to make a mess of the perpetrator.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
august55433JCDenton12345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession and forfeiture