wuferguson
Lockcaps

Should handwriting in school be a grade?

wuferguson

Pro

I feel handwriting in school should be a grade for many reason including the fact, many students rush and don't take their time on paper then the teacher can't read what they put. Plus its just good for kids to have good handwriting!
Lockcaps

Con

While it may be true that students rush, it is less than likely to be because of their handwriting. This can be attributed more to the lack of time management that they have utilized in order to better prepare their work. At the same time, as we approach to a futuristic society, it will be less than likely that they will be using their own handwriting anyways, with their usage of technology (i.e. the computer , laptop, tablets, phones and even newer gaming consoles). Rather than focusing on courses like handwriting, we should be teaching how to utilize technology appropriately or at the very least managing their time wisely. Learning how to master handwriting is as useful as learning how to carve stones with other stones, we may have done it but it doesn't mean that we can utilize it in the more modern era let alone in the future.
wuferguson

Pro

Although it may be about time I feel time isn't the whole part about it, if students know they are getting graded they will slow down, plus an average school hour is usually an hour! I don't think we should focus more time utilizing technology! We may need technology help which you could just instructional videos on your free time! Plus we will still have to write stuff still in life, mailing letters, some ineterivews, just writing notes, and just in school sometimes! All in all I feel my reasons are more reasonable!
Lockcaps

Con

Lockcaps forfeited this round.
Posted by Lockcaps 1 year ago
Lockcaps
I assumed that I would have time to go on to the next day, guess I was wrong. In the spirit of ethics I am not going to vote (with my opinion being biased) and hope that my first post will suffice.