Boomboompow
debate-a-doom

Should hats be allowed in school?

debate-a-doom

Boomboompow

Con

Hats should not be allowed in school. There are reasons why they are not allowed, and students should accept that fact that its a violation of school dress code. (if it is part of the dress code)
debate-a-doom

Pro

there are two different subjects you present here:

1. hats should be banned from school
2. students need to listen to school dress code

they are two very distinctively different subjects. Hats have many benefits and are very healthy for you. Especially in countries with lots of son, it is even important and necessary that kids wear hats so that they don't get burned by the sun, and don't get dehydrated.

Furthermore, hats are a way of expression, as long as they are not put directly on one's face, and stay only on their head, there is no reason why a kid should not be allowed to wear them. Allowing creativity and diversity in an environment creates a much more healthy, fun and productive environment for learning.

The second claim that students need to respect school rules, I agree with you that they should respect them, but if they notice or feel like a rule is doing them wrong, they have every right to protest against it in peaceful ways allowing change.
Boomboompow

Con

You say that hats help kids express themselves, which is true, but there are other ways though, to express yourself, such as clothing, haircuts, and other things. As for helping with the sun. In most schools, you are allowed to wear hats outside, but you have to take them off in the building. This is normally to show respect. And I do agree that if you felt that you had to wear a hat, then you can peacefully protest against the rules.
debate-a-doom

Pro

ok so basically, you think that specifically hats shouldn't be worn inside a school.

I don't see why wearing a hat in a school is disrespectful, it's -only- a way of expressing yourself. Sure there are plenty of other ways, but if that's the way you want to go, why should this particular way be prevented from you?
quite honestly I don't see why a hat is any different than choosing a blue shirt, and if you allow children to wear basically everything else, why are hats disrespectful?
Boomboompow

Con

Boomboompow forfeited this round.
debate-a-doom

Pro

ok...

so the reason I win this argument, con told us that hats shouldn't be worn in school because it's disrespectful. He at no point explained to us -why- wearing a hat is disrespectful in any way. Basically, he gave us no explanation what so ever that explains why it is specifically not ok to wear hats inside a school.
We can understand from his that we must respect authority, which I agreed to, he just failed to show why this was in any way disrespectful to authority.
Boomboompow

Con

Boomboompow forfeited this round.
debate-a-doom

Pro

I've said all I can
Posted by jdog2016 4 years ago
jdog2016
Hats are allowed in my high school, but that's because my high school is super nice and so are all the kids and everyone gets good grades. :D
Vote Placed by hilton16 4 years ago
hilton16
Boomboompowdebate-a-doomTied
Reasons for voting decision: i once stood against hat but now i support it