Whaleiams
PowerPikachu21

Should hats be allowed to be worn in school?

Whaleiams has forfeited round #4.

Whaleiams

Pro

According to the dress code of most public schools around the world, hats shouldn't be worn inside the school building. Do you agree that hats are disrespectful, distracting, and dangerous, or do you think that hats give personality, pleasure, and positivity?
PowerPikachu21

Con

Most hats aren't disrespectful, distracting, but especially not dangerous. They do have a bit of personality, and a bit of happiness. However, that isn't the reason why hats aren't allowed.

When someone wears a hat, the security cameras can't see the person's face, making it easy to shoot someone, and not get caught, as they don't know who did the shooting. So we can see any hostile students in the building, hats shoud not be worn for better recognition.

There's 30 minutes to post, so hurry up! You have arguments due!
Whaleiams

Pro

The danger of not seeing someone's face on security cameras is really not that hight of a risk. Sure, it may seem bad, but you usually can't see someone's face anyway. I can see your worry, but I don't think people would use hats to their advantage as much as it seems.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Sorry for delay. Forgot this debate was still going.

" Sure, it may seem bad, but you usually can't see someone's face anyway."

You admit that hats can be used to hide identity, making it easy to get away with crimes.

"I can see your worry, but I don't think people would use hats to their advantage as much as it seems."

But they can use hats as such means, which is the worry. Some High Schoolers can conceal guns, take them to school, and shoot someone. To not get caught, they'd bring a hat so their face can't be seen.
Whaleiams

Pro

I see your point, but if you mean that students will hide weapons in their hats, then that makes no sense. People can also hide weapons in their pockets and shoes. I'm not sure if this is what you wanted to imply, but going back to students hiding their faces, it still doesn't make sense. Kids can always go into places without security cameras, such as bathrooms. Sure, kids will always do stupid and wrong things, hat or no hat. But schools are so jam packed that there will almost always be witnesses, knowing who committed the crime. But getting away from bad things, think of all the good hats can do. They complete outfits, cover up hair when kids are having bad hair days, express personality, keep the head warm, and be a symbol of what kind of person you are.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I guess hats hide weapons, though I was just talking about hiding identity.

And about witnesses. You could organize a meeting with the target. It's not like someone would kill a random person in the halls between classes, since there's no point.

"But getting away from bad things, think of all the good hats can do."

Alright.

"They complete outfits" What outfit? Most Middle and High Schools have a dress code, maybe even uniforms.

"cover up hair when kids are having bad hair days" Is that a common thing, though? Even if it was common, they could just wash out the hair, and brush it.

"express personality" True, I guess.

"keep the head warm" It's normally not cold inside the building. If it's cold outside, then wait for your ride in the building, where it's warmer.

"and be a symbol of what kind of person you are" Such as someone who hides their identity during murder?

I'd bring up a new argument, but that's all I came in with, and I have no time to think over new points.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 11 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I was worried I was the one that timed out. 30 minute time limits aren't good.