Should heroism involve sacrifice if the sacrifice is worth it

JosephElahi has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Heroism should not have to include sacrafice becuase there is always a way around it. If there is a possibility that sacrafice should not happen then thats the way to go. Extreme emphasis on "should."

Well, it really depends if it is for a story, or for real life... In most stories, there really is no way around it. But, as I agree with con, if you can find a way around it, you could avoid it. Many people have said to me, "Would you rather sacrifice yourself for 10,000 (or more) people, but no one knows you did it, or don't sacrifice yourself, and you live, but all those people die." At least, you would die knowing you did good. And, if you are a Christian, die knowing you would probably go to Heaven, not Hell. If not, then at least you can be proud knowing you died for a good cause.
Posted by DrChicken24 3 weeks ago
People plz vote on my debate plz! Voting is open!