zz71
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Should heros (public servers like the police) be paid than other people?

zz71

zz71

Pro

Heroes should be paid more than educators and actors because they risk their live to save others. It isn't just hard on him or her but also on their families. Especailly people that serve. Heroes provide safty for us. The least we can do is pay them more to help out their families. If you know or every see a local hero or someone that serves, take just 2 seconds of your day to thank them for all they have done, because some don't even make it back.
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Con

They wouldn't be public servants if the wages were high.
zz71

Pro

I didn't say servants I said people that serve in the army. Look, everyone get paid. They should be paid more because they serve and help the public. When people risk their lives to save others, they deserve to be paid more than just an educator or other people that some think should be paid more. But tell me why any one wouldn't be public servants if wages were high?
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Con

9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb forfeited this round.
Posted by brendan3140 3 years ago
brendan3140
I feel that the police,doctors,firefighters,and educators should be paid way more than people who act like they are saving people or helping them on a screen
Posted by Pfalcon1318 3 years ago
Pfalcon1318
Define heroes. I'm assuming you're talking about people like firefighters, policemen, military people, and the like. I think educators should be paid more as well though. "Heroes" is a debatable term, when referring to firefighter, policemen, and people in the military.
Posted by Theunkown 3 years ago
Theunkown
Yes, people get paid millions for kicking an inflated ball across a field but people who ensure the safety of the people and the educators of the future get middle fingers and a terrible pay.
Posted by JDahl97 3 years ago
JDahl97
For the most part, I agree, which is why I won't be accepting this debate. My father is a paramedic and makes roughly 13.26 an hour before taxes. He has to work massive overtime to support me and my siblings and our mother. But I just feel like pointing out that educators are also heroes, I have been helped through many difficult situations in my life by my teachers. Actors, shouldn't be grouped with them.
Vote Placed by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
zz719lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlbTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is surprisingly difficult to judge, given that Con only presented one sentence. No sources were used by either side. Pro's spelling and grammar was atrocious so points to Con. Con forfeited a round and relied only on one semantic technicality so conduct to Pro. The ultimatum for convincing arguments comes down to this: Pro said heroes should be paid more, and that they are currently public servants. Con made the conclusion that once they begin to be payed more they will cease to be public servants (which is correct), but that was not Pro's premise. Pro at least presented a case.