itsyourchoice
daproben

Should high school children be able to go home at lunch then come back to school?

daproben

itsyourchoice

Pro

I think we should because all we do is hang around the halls and then we get moaned at so why cant we just go home and then come back when lunch is over?
daproben

Con

1) I don't think high school children be able to go home at lunch then come back to school.
2) First of all, the students might skip school giving their school and family a bad image. So, students should stay in the school during lunch hours.
3) As the Pro had stated, all the students do is hang around the halls and get moaned at during lunch hours. Why? Because they don't study or do their homework and projects. A school is a place built for students to study and learn, why hang around the halls? If the students still say it's boring, then it's their problem for being lazy.
4) I await further arguments from the Pro.
itsyourchoice

Pro

itsyourchoice forfeited this round.
daproben

Con

Since itsyourchoice forfeited Round 2, I'll just continue with my argument.

Recently, Getschooled.com did a survey and found out that as many as 7 million students, about 15% of the K-12 population are out of school for 18 or more days of the school year. Still, most of them don"t think skipping school will impact their future at all. However, that's not in line with reality. The study also shows that students who skip more than 10 days of school are about 20% less likely to get a high school diploma. And they are 25% less likely to enroll in higher education. Therefore, high school shouldn't risk students skipping school by allowing them to go home for lunch and then coming back to school.

That's all, I await further arguments...

sources: cnn.com, getschooled.com
itsyourchoice

Pro

itsyourchoice forfeited this round.
daproben

Con

I forfeit this round...let's just end this quickly.
itsyourchoice

Pro

itsyourchoice forfeited this round.
daproben

Con

Round forfeited
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
itsyourchoicedaprobenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's first point is what convinced me. Plus, Pro forfeited.